• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

They dropped fewer points and were closer to City taking it to the last game. Unless I am dreaming?
Conceded more and scored less, so not sure Rice had such positive impact. He's been bigged up as some sort of midfield Beckenbauer masterclass, which he's nowhere near. He's a good player, but nowhere near as good as what media suggest.

Just the highlights on sky

Few observations

That’s a red for Timber. Yellow for the foul, yellow for the grab on Vicario. Not sure that was missed

Romero was so weak on the corner but there is no way their defence would let the ref not give a foul if that was them. Their man would hit the deck and scream murder

Lots of valid points in this thread.

We couldn’t get through as they are well organised, so attempted some crosses which were abysmal.

One thing I’m scratching my head about is the Odobert signing. Not saying I don’t rate him or he won’t come good but we had 2 for the left and 2 for the right.

His end product looks very questionable to me - so will be interesting to see what data was used to spend 30m.

Bergval and Gray not deemed good enough for minutes today - what was the point of those signings. Just for the manager after Ange?

All very confusing to me.

Edit: Just to add. The players just don’t look good enough, and when you lose when you’re the better team (Leic/Newc) it doesn’t give you any margin on games like today. It’s a bad recipe when you’re losing both.

Last edited:

We couldn’t get through as they are well organised, so attempted some crosses which were abysmal.

One thing I’m scratching my head about is the Odobert signing. Not saying I don’t rate him or he won’t come good but we had 2 for the left and 2 for the right.

His end product looks very questionable to me - so will be interesting to see what data was used to spend 30m.

Bergval and Gray not deemed good enough for minutes today - what was the point of those signings. Just for the manager after Ange?

Hard to tell
I cant see why bergvall can’t play instead of Maddison
We’re crying out for some fudging energy and speed of pass

It really doesn’t help when:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine spawn a win with 2 long range goals
Chelsea spawn a win with a late goal
Villa win from 2 down
West Ham equalise in the 95th min

Still - I’m sure we’ll turn Coventry over this week!

Anyone really surprised??

Even with Rice and Odegaard missing.

Spurs lose to a set-piece goal. Well Well Well
They will slaughter us away.
Just the highlights on sky

Few observations

That’s a red for Timber. Yellow for the foul, yellow for the grab on Vicario. Not sure that was missed

Romero was so weak on the corner but there is no way their defence would let the ref not give a foul if that was them. Their man would hit the deck and scream murder
in retrospect arsenal got away with a lot. romero was just lazy and trying to get the ref's decision but if he'd had stood up stronger - he would have hit the deck and gotten the foul. in a reverse way a soft foul not given. i think romero has become big headed of late.

Edit: Just to add. The players just don’t look good enough, and when you lose when you’re the better team (Leic/Newc) it doesn’t give you any margin on games like today. It’s a bad recipe when you’re losing both.
the only real quality addition was solanke and unfortunately he was injured in game #1.

bergvall, gray and odoberg are definitely ones for the future and will need 3-5 years before we see the best of them. ange not playing them when we are behind proves that he thinks they are not ready.

i also guess that levy has given up on winning anything and is happy to stay in europe even if its just the europa league. we haven't improved much through transfers from last season.

Hmmn, just home after that dismal showing. Is there any good news? Anything positive? Did anyone have a really good game (Mickey VDV? Bentancur?).
I saw nothing whatsoever to encourage me to think we will get out of this rut, but maybe Arsenal are just too good, and Brentford will be a better test. Lose that and the crowd's patience with Ange will start wearing thin I suspect. As for recruitment - bloody hell, if Odobert is the level of our ambition, then this could be a horrible season....we seem to be accumulating players with potential and "good character" but where are the players for right now?

Hmmn, just home after that dismal showing. Is there any good news? Anything positive? Did anyone have a really good game (Mickey VDV? Bentancur?).
I saw nothing whatsoever to encourage me to think we will get out of this rut, but maybe Arsenal are just too good, and Brentford will be a better test. Lose that and the crowd's patience with Ange will start wearing thin I suspect. As for recruitment - bloody hell, if Odobert is the level of our ambition, then this could be a horrible season....we seem to be accumulating players with potential and "good character" but where are the players for right now?
Your last bit sums up my thoughts.

These signings are ‘business’ signings I guess. Rather than football ones.

Back