• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

I disagree mate. Arsenal were without big players today but we barely laid a glove on them. Have to ask questions of the manager and his tactics sadly.
Yeah fair enough. I’m just looking at it thinking what should be have done differently. I’m not sure I have an answer even with the benefit of hindsight. Then again, I’m not paid millions a year to answer that question - I pay a grand and a half a year to question the fella that is.

If anything, this is more concerning than the loss.

Loss is okay. We completed fairly decently, wasn't an embarrassment.

Where we're at as a club, competing against them is the best we can hope for. And outside of a golden period under Poch, this has always been true for 25 years. Why this is, is left as an exercise to the reader.

But what concerns me is the utter lack of chance creation. We concede a lot of defensive frailty for, theoretically, better chance creation and forcing turnovers at the other end.

Today we created absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nilch. Against a weakened Arsenal side, we produced a performance so abysmally lacking in creativity it resembled the aimless tippy-tappy of Villas Boas.

Postecoglou needs to improve that side of our game, because he has staked everything on the offensive side outweighing his defensive weaknesses.

Other than that, ah well. Like I said - they compete at a higher level to us, and the same is true of City, Liverpool, and the rest. Because of the different choices they, and we, have made. I'm not going to be too put out as a result. Hopefully we pick up some wins soon.
It was horrendous on that front
Too many players taking too many touches

And we have a huge issue with certain players who suit a counter attacking g game but still get played and played and played

And he can’t do that
He should be out the team
Him and Maddison
Both suit a counter attacking side
Not a team that keeps the ball
Johnson also suits a counter attacking team. Ie. Nottingham Forest where he will have loads of space to run into.

Our attacking block is functionally poor and this is why a lot of us were bemoaning the signing of Werner as he is good squad depth he's just another substandard player to add to the quota if attackers who aren't good enough.

Johnson also suits a counter attacking team. Ie. Nottingham Forest where he will have loads of space to run into.

Our attacking block is functionally poor and this is why a lot of us were bemoaning the signing of Werner as he is good squad depth he's just another substandard player to add to the quota if attackers who aren't good enough.
Werner was miles better than all the wide players
He did what was meant to happen
No one else did

Angry because it them and it's still raw. But with perspective we've been easily the better team in the first 3 games and possibly today aswell.

As usual with Spurs it's all about moments. If Solanke had shot instead of hesitating in the first half when the valley ran to him we could have been 1 up and a totally different game.

I do think it's looking OK. I know it's been said enough but Arteta finished 8th in his first 2 seasons and now look at them.

I'm sorry Bill but that sounds like Spurs tinted glasses on. Rice is the difference that almost made up the points for them last season against City. He drives them on. He's a big loss.

Eh? Arsenal last season only marginally improved points widlse on the season previous when Partey was their starting DM (and it was when he was out at the tail end that they dropped points and gave up the league)

I disagree mate. Arsenal were without big players today but we barely laid a glove on them. Have to ask questions of the manager and his tactics sadly.
I think if they had Odegaard and Rice on the pitch they might have played more openly, which would have suited us better. As it were, their game plan was to stay compact. People saying we need to find a way to break teams down, but this is Arsenal not Brentford. They had the best defense in the PL last season, which makes it even more difficult to break down when they're playing with a defensive mindset. The only way to break them down would be to cede possession and play similar to them, so spaces open up. Because when they're set in their defensive shape, it's going to be extremely difficult for any team, no just us.

They were missing 2 starting players. We were missing 1
They have 7 players out 2 who would have definately started and at least 3 of the other 5 would have been on the bench. And we bring on Werner and Oderbert. Seriously who had even heard of Oderbert before we decided to pay 25 mil plus add ons for him. Surely Big Ange has got to give some of our youngsters a chance soon. Every player we have bought in since Ange arrived have looked mediocre at best with a couple of notable exceptions

Worst start to the season in 9 years apparently.
To add to the second half of last season.
Werner was miles better than all the wide players
He did what was meant to happen
No one else did
The bloke can’t cross, score goals or pass accurately. The fact that he was retained, as I said on here before the season started, told me everything about where we remain as a football club.

To add to the second half of last season.

The bloke can’t cross, score goals or pass accurately. The fact that he was retained, as I said on here before the season started, told me everything about where we remain as a football club.
But he did cross well today
No clam attacked them

Back