• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

Apart from that 1 rabbit-in-the-headlights moment, he's been pretty solid
I agree and that was just a bad touch. But there were doubts about him when he signed. Given he’s a big money signing, he won’t get the benefit of any doubt even though he should.

Yup. International and scottish cups are still far from EPL standards. Can only hope he is learning instead of stubbornly hanging on to what made him successful previously. Still has time to turn things around but there are some glaring cosching issues to sort out.
Ange hasn’t got a fudging clue how to change it.

This is brick

Ball out wide to the wingers to cut it back into the striker.

When there are 5 defenders to your 1 striker, it's difficult to find that cut back. And that's if you can get your wingers in behind them
Sadly I don't believe that's an attacking plan that's going to work.

It's too simplistic and the players we have out wide aren't actually any good at gaining space to get that cross in. When they do get that cross in due to the slow pace of the play up to that point there are 5 or 6 defenders faced up against our 1 striker.

I just don't see how this is going to work. I've watched many a team essentially play slow possession football over the years and one thing the guys who were actually successful at doing it all had was actual threat and danger coke from the wings and possession link play from all of the forwards.

Let Ange prove to be the edge case but it's not looking like that's likely. We aren't maximising the possession we do have with the wide players we play.

Bro it's not about the striker, it's the system. The system we play with the players we have doesn't create actual quality chances. Solanke has been feeding in scraps all match, he had that fantastic header in the first half but even if that had gone in it would have been turning water into wine.

I don't disagree with that but your post that I responded to was using a couple of games 'evidence' to argue the point, which is obviously not enough to go on

Back