• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Might Spurs v Coventry Wednesday 18 September, kick-off 8pm

Seeing Brennan look scared to go and celebrate in front of our fans at the end of the game upset me. Cannot stand the spacegoating of players or how any 'fans' that do this think its going to help in any way. There's a real toxic element or our fan base that really don't help us at all.
TBF they aren’t normally the ones that go to these games
It’s the keyboard warriors and the side tools at home games

Agreed…but it’s so often not true in cup games. Part of the reason we love them, I suppose.
We have yet to find our way this season. I think it was a healthy idea to give some of the subs a shot here, maybe some of them would have shined and made his way into the first 11 talk. It is important to keep all the squad happy. Players need to know they get chances, it makes them train harder and give their all. If they don't get them against Coventry, a championship team, then against whom?

What happened for the injuries (I’ve literally just got back from Warsaw after a very delayed flight)?
Odobert got a small bump into a player he was chasing, then held his hamstring and walked off, didn't look super bad, probably a minor strain that will keep him out for a week.
Werner went to block a clearance and it kinda twisted his knee when it hit his foot, so he took the opportunity to limp off and pretend it was an injury, just to get off the pitch because he knows, and he knows that we know, that he is not capable of playing football.

Odobert got a small bump into a player he was chasing, then held his hamstring and walked off, didn't look super bad, probably a minor strain that will keep him out for a week.
Werner went to block a clearance and it kinda twisted his knee when it hit his foot, so he took the opportunity to limp off and pretend it was an injury, just to get off the pitch because he knows, and he knows that we know, that he is not capable of playing football.
Ange has said Odobert's injury is fairly significant

Ag
I really don`t get the resting players thing.I know every prem team does it but as it is so long since we won a trophy I would rather see us start with a strong or virtually first choice 11 and get a lead then bring on the youngsters if we had a good lead, We`ve only played 4 games for goodness sake. I know a lot of our players have a lot of travelling for international games but its not like they have to get up at 6 am every day and do a hard days graft 5 or 6 days a week. I`m pretty sure most on here would have loved to be paid up to a hundred grand a week to play football twice a week and have to be at training at 10 for a couple of hours on the other days
Agree. It must be terribly difficult to run around for 90 mins twice a week. They are professional athletes in thier prime years ffs.

It's been a mixed start and following on from the 2nd half of last season you can see why there's big question marks about Ange. Unless we plummet and struggle at the bottom end of the table he has to be given the season to see if his philosophy kicks into the side and we improve. We'll either become a fluid, attacking creative side who are great to watch or carry on being a possession based side creating virtually nothing. We'll see...
Yup ange just convinced me I like coventryball

I really don`t get the resting players thing.I know every prem team does it but as it is so long since we won a trophy I would rather see us start with a strong or virtually first choice 11 and get a lead then bring on the youngsters if we had a good lead, We`ve only played 4 games for goodness sake. I know a lot of our players have a lot of travelling for international games but its not like they have to get up at 6 am every day and do a hard days graft 5 or 6 days a week. I`m pretty sure most on here would have loved to be paid up to a hundred grand a week to play football twice a week and have to be at training at 10 for a couple of hours on the other days
lol. I take the bottom image references p*ss stains?
Custard!

Let's just try not to hate our own players, yeah? And support them. This team needs some support to gain some confidence. Yeah, we were poor, but let's support the team ffs. Come on! Through! Easy. Spurs are on their way to Wembley!
Criticise the action not the man.

Good on Spence, I was concerned when I saw he wasn't in the starting line up despite us rotating out Porro
I don't get ange. Spencer has been better many on thr pitch since pre season.
Forster can't be better than the other two.
Europe with forster no Spence...I hope ange knows that its tougher competition than Coventry.

Back