• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Might Spurs v Coventry Wednesday 18 September, kick-off 8pm

So being 11th în the league after the virtual Brentford win would make you happy with how the season has started?
It's been a mixed start and following on from the 2nd half of last season you can see why there's big question marks about Ange. Unless we plummet and struggle at the bottom end of the table he has to be given the season to see if his philosophy kicks into the side and we improve. We'll either become a fluid, attacking creative side who are great to watch or carry on being a possession based side creating virtually nothing. We'll see...

I belive its flimflam and a bad call to change 8 players for cup games, I get resting players is important but you dont get a flow and the second string dont get a real chance.

Solanke
Odo-bergvald-sarr-gray-Johnson
Udogie-VDV-Dragu-Spence
Vic
Would give Bergvald, Gray, Spence and Dragu a chance.
I belive you dont get any answers changing 8 player other than resting players

We can’t give it a year to gel every fudging transfer window. This group are running out of time and need to start working for the manager the club and all of us sorry lot.

Are the points won so far written somewhere else? 2 losses în a row don't matter at the start of the season? City finished last year with only 3 losses, are we getting them out of the way early?

Sorry I thought it was obvious that by saying no one takes notice of the table at this point of the season that it would have been clear that 'position in the table' is what was meant.

Dropped points whenever they occur are of course bad, on the flip side of that points won whenever they occur are good...

Using a hypothetical position in the table 5 games in to the season after a hypothetical win as a way of finding a negative is spin on it is so mind-bogglingly pathetic that I can't believe someone's actually done it though tbh

It's been a mixed start and following on from the 2nd half of last season you can see why there's big question marks about Ange. Unless we plummet and struggle at the bottom end of the table he has to be given the season to see if his philosophy kicks into the side and we improve. We'll either become a fluid, attacking creative side who are great to watch or carry on being a possession based side creating virtually nothing. We'll see...
I am for giving Ange more time, that doesn't mean I can't be happy when the team plays poorly and results aren't what they should be.

Pretty much every player ducked their responsibilities again today i.e. they didn't try to beat a man, they just turn back and lay it off to someone else to recycle.
Over and over and over just passing 10 yards square.

That is why I like Djed, he makes things happen. He was the one driving into the box, tackling, forcing corners and squirting the ball through into the 6 yard box.
Then suddenly he sprints forward, Maddison suddenly remembers he is a "playa" and flicks a first time pass round the corner to Deki, who also remembers he is a "playa" and nutmegs the defender, for Spence to finish under pressure.

This is how we need to play, with desire and provocation and trying to break through in some imaginative way, not just knocking it sideways in front of a settled defence.

Note also after the game Brennan Johnson said as much, said we were way too slow this year and that fast passing and getting it forwards fast is what makes goals.

It was actually really strange to see Bentancur win the ball and slot in Johnson with a simple but perfect pass, we haven't seen anything like that for ages.

I belive its flimflam and a bad call to change 8 players for cup games, I get resting players is important but you dont get a flow and the second string dont get a real chance.

Solanke
Odo-bergvald-sarr-gray-Johnson
Udogie-VDV-Dragu-Spence
Vic
Would give Bergvald, Gray, Spence and Dragu a chance.
I belive you dont get any answers changing 8 player other than resting players

I wouldn’t have played VDV. We don’t have cover for him so I would have preferred us to play Romero.

I agree maximum of 3-4 changes. But would have wanted to start our strongest team tonight. We need to find form and get the connections established in the attacking half. And instead we had no cohesion, struggled for 70 minutes and then fell over the line. Don’t think tonight helped at all.

Sorry I thought it was obvious that by saying no one takes notice of the table at this point of the season it would have been clear that position in the table is what was meant.

Dropped points whenever they occur are of course bad, on the flip side of that points won whenever they occur are good - using a hypothetical position in the table 5 games in to the season after hypothetical win as a way of finding a negative is spin is so mind-boggling pathetic that I can't believe someone's actually done it though tbh
All I am saying is true. I don't need to "spin" anything. The table and results are basic math, we are 13th. We lost at home to our biggest rivals and have 2 losses în a row. Played nothing against 14th în the Championship. All of our rivals are above us în the league, again fact.

I really don`t get the resting players thing.I know every prem team does it but as it is so long since we won a trophy I would rather see us start with a strong or virtually first choice 11 and get a lead then bring on the youngsters if we had a good lead, We`ve only played 4 games for goodness sake. I know a lot of our players have a lot of travelling for international games but its not like they have to get up at 6 am every day and do a hard days graft 5 or 6 days a week. I`m pretty sure most on here would have loved to be paid up to a hundred grand a week to play football twice a week and have to be at training at 10 for a couple of hours on the other days

I really don`t get the resting players thing.I know every prem team does it but as it is so long since we won a trophy I would rather see us start with a strong or virtually first choice 11 and get a lead then bring on the youngsters if we had a good lead, We`ve only played 4 games for goodness sake. I know a lot of our players have a lot of travelling for international games but its not like they have to get up at 6 am every day and do a hard days graft 5 or 6 days a week. I`m pretty sure most on here would have loved to be paid up to a hundred grand a week to play football twice a week and have to be at training at 10 for a couple of hours on the other days
I think the idea is to give bench players game time more than resting first 11 players. You can take a look at their current level and when you introduce them as subs during other matches, they have game time under their belt. You would normally think that a mix of first 11 and subs would beat easily a struggling championship team.

Last edited:
I think the idea is to give bench players game time. You can take a look at their current level and when you introduce them as subs during other matches, they have game time under their belt. You would normally think that a mix of first 11 and subs would beat easily a struggling championship team.
Agreed…but it’s so often not true in cup games. Part of the reason we love them, I suppose.

Seeing Brennan look scared to go and celebrate in front of our fans at the end of the game upset me. Cannot stand the spacegoating of players or how any 'fans' that do this think its going to help in any way. There's a real toxic element or our fan base that really don't help us at all.
I missed that, but terrible to hear.

I think the idea is to give bench players game time. You can take a look at their current level and when you introduce them as subs during other matches, they have game time under their belt. You would normally think that a mix of first 11 and subs would beat easily a struggling championship team.
That’s exactly what Ange just said
By the way Coventry aren’t struggling. They lost their first game of the season and haven’t lost since. They just have t got the wins they needed

Back