• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

Two Norwegians doing well in the 400m race in the decathlon. Those guys are seriously impressive. The true Olympians. To master ten completely different sports as well as they do - incredible. Hats off to them!

Beth Schiever in the BMX is unbelieveable. Watched her yesterday and again just now - how does she take such a lead on her competitors all the time?

Beth Schiever in the BMX is unbelieveable. Watched her yesterday and again just now - how does she take such a lead on her competitors all the time?
They knew that’s how she would ride some boxed her in quickly
She had no where to go and in such a short race
Great spectacle too

I think one can agree that she should not be boxing in a female competition whilst still endeavouring to find some empathy for the situation in which she finds herself. Choice of language is very important.

I think that women not getting battered by men is more important than verbal niceties.

I think that women not getting battered by men is more important than verbal niceties.

Have you signed up to this forum with the sole intention of being abrasive on this particular issue?

This whole "Language doesn't matter and I can say whatever I want and it's your fault for being offended" thing, Ricky Gervais has some answering to do for sure! A touch of compassion or even basic decency in how you speak isn't some shocking character flaw. If this person has lived a life as a woman and is intersex, repeatedly calling her a man doesn't really help does it?

I was wondering where Scara was of late, looks like we may have a natural replacement.

I've seen the standard overreactions on the aforementioned cesspit of Facebook, including some boxer friends of mine who have gone down the anti trans route but am I right in thinking this has nothing to do with trans people whatsoever? Seems like they're just catching strays from people who could not have given a fudge about women's sport until it was a chance to pile in on the LGBT community.

I joined the forum a few months ago. This is not about trans, but safety in boxing can't give way to politeness. I do not suppose that Khelif reads this forum and is likely to be upset by comments made here. Khelif may be unlucky. Having a DSD condition is nobody's fault. But Angela Carini was more unlucky, and I empathise more with her than with Khelif. A person with a DSD probably kmows of the existence of the condition.

There is a separate issue about men who identify as women in sport (not this case).

I joined the forum a few months ago. This is not about trans, but safety in boxing can't give way to politeness. I do not suppose that Khelif reads this forum and is likely to be upset by comments made here. Khelif may be unlucky. Having a DSD condition is nobody's fault. But Angela Carini was more unlucky, and I empathise more with her than with Khelif. A person with a DSD probably kmows of the existence of the condition.

There is a separate issue about men who identify as women in sport (not this case).

This isn't the point and you must know that. It might be worth giving this idea a try, speak about someone the way you would if you were speaking about them. If you think "Oh well I'm on the internet and they won't read it so I'll be as mean spirited as I want to", that's a pretty odd thought process imo.

People go through a big part of their lives before finding out they are intersex and I feel like randomers stomping around saying "If you have XYX then you are XYX" after doing a deep dive on some Ben Shapiro esque propaganda probably doesn't really help.

Safety within the realms of peaceful combat is an interesting one, I guess we want it to be balanced but there is inherently a lack of safety - Unlike those rather odd fights in hockey where both participants are padded out with protective gear / helmets so may as well be pillow fighting. I don't know enough about the testing procedures but I have heard going by some of the tests ie testosterone levels, some cis gendered women would be prohibited from competing on women's boxing.

This person is being treated by many (often bigoted folks) as if she is some bloke who was an MMA champion who transitioned to pick up some easy medals and it's just not that simple. We probably won't stumble across the exact answer in the off topic thread of a Spurs forum but I don't see how trying to be considerate in regards to how we speak about someone who just wants to compete is a bad thing.

I am not being mean spirited, I am commenting on the safety of women in boxing. I would say the same things as I say here to Khelif in the highly unlikely event that I meet Khelif. The failed test was not a testosterone test, it was a chromosone test.

Here's some more info on DSD and sports -

https://sex-matters.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/Womens-sport-and-DSDs.pdf
Have you see that the failed tests you refer too were governed by the Russians who gained from the tests?
No one has seen the results publicly so the vast vast majority of what is being said is conjecture at best
What we do know is the federation that runs boxing is corrupts and is very very likely to lose any status.
And we also know that she passed all the test to compete on their boxing until she beat a Russian boxer. Those are actual facts

Have you signed up to this forum with the sole intention of being abrasive on this particular issue?

This whole "Language doesn't matter and I can say whatever I want and it's your fault for being offended" thing, Ricky Gervais has some answering to do for sure! A touch of compassion or even basic decency in how you speak isn't some shocking character flaw. If this person has lived a life as a woman and is intersex, repeatedly calling her a man doesn't really help does it?

I was wondering where Scara was of late, looks like we may have a natural replacement.

I've seen the standard overreactions on the aforementioned cesspit of Facebook, including some boxer friends of mine who have gone down the anti trans route but am I right in thinking this has nothing to do with trans people whatsoever? Seems like they're just catching strays from people who could not have given a fudge about women's sport until it was a chance to pile in on the LGBT community.

This shouldn’t be conflated with trans participation in sport. But like trans people, she has an unfair advantage and shouldn’t be allowed to compete against other women IMO. This is a prime example of why we need another category such as an ‘open category’ where anyone (trans, DSD) can compete. Yes the field might not be very big at the moment but it will most likely grow in the future and it solves the issue of excluding them from competing. Its not perfect and some won’t think it’s fair but it’s a hell of a lot fairer and safer than allowing people like her to compete against women, especially in a violent sport like boxing.

Back