• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

The IBA position is clear: Khelif should not box against women. It appears that the IOC may be more concerned with appearing inclusive than with maintaining safety and fairness. People with DSD conditions are very rare, but Trans activists exploit their cases for political advantage.

I have no view on that. What matters is what his chromosones are, not what anyone thinks they are. The main concern here is the safety and fairness of the sport. I invite you to focus on that.
I invite out to focus on the human beings involved
She is a women who has a genetic issue. That’s not her fault and the IOC have made a mess of everything letting her fight other women
Both parties have been let down, massively, by the IOC

Does anyone have any proof of Khelif having an XY chromosome? All I’m seeing is hearsay and speculation.

I’m not an expert in this area, I know very little about it. But from what I do know, the XY chromosome does seem to give an unfair advantage so should be tested where there is doubt. I’d be interested to hear the IOC explain why they don’t.

Secondly, I’ve seen nothing factual that says Khelif has the chromosome. The test that disqualified her has been withheld in terms of the methodology used and the result.

Yet, we have so many people branding Khelif “a man” and “a cheater”. I absolutely agree that safety should be the primary concern for combat sports but there are still too many unanswered questions here for people to be spouting some of the bile I’ve seen.

There’s a human being on the end of this who has identified female her entire life. Some of the stuff being thrown at her is irresponsible and very very nasty.

The blame shouldn't be put on her, it's up to the IOC and boxing authorities to have the correct protocols in place.

Correct.
Much like the gender recognition act, most people don't have an issue with people who genuinely have a need for such an act.
The problem is that the laws are so badly constructed that they allow "bad faith actors" to turn them to their advantage, lots of times with horrendous consequences.
It's bad laws, rules and regulations that are the problem, not the people who they designed to protect.

Does anyone have any proof of Khelif having an XY chromosome? All I’m seeing is hearsay and speculation.

I’m not an expert in this area, I know very little about it. But from what I do know, the XY chromosome does seem to give an unfair advantage so should be tested where there is doubt. I’d be interested to hear the IOC explain why they don’t.

Secondly, I’ve seen nothing factual that says Khelif has the chromosome. The test that disqualified her has been withheld in terms of the methodology used and the result.

Yet, we have so many people branding Khelif “a man” and “a cheater”. I absolutely agree that safety should be the primary concern for combat sports but there are still too many unanswered questions here for people to be spouting some of the bile I’ve seen.

There’s a human being on the end of this who has identified female her entire life. Some of the stuff being thrown at her is irresponsible and very very nasty.
The latter part is so key
My wife came home yesterday and was raging they put a man in the ring
My wife is mental health director and leads a team of people
She is super liberal but also very big on women’s rights
We had this debate and argued about it
As I said to her… it should never have this far

And I find it distasteful that you care more about being woke than a womans safety.

Nobody said DSD people don't exist. I even pointed out that's the issue here. If they are DSD/intersex and have male characteristics (XY chromosome) that give them a physical advantage they should not be able to compete in women's boxing. It's more important in a physical contact sport than any other. Nobody is saying they can't live the rest of their lives freely as a woman or whatever way they want to identify.
You are better than this mate.

When I told my boys a few days back that the GB team are aiming to try and get 60+ medals in this Olympics they didn't believe me at all lol.. now they are absolutely hooked! Really enjoying it so far. Some amazing performances and not just from the Brits.

When I told my boys a few days back that the GB team are aiming to try and get 60+ medals in this Olympics they didn't believe me at all lol.. now they are absolutely hooked! Really enjoying it so far. Some amazing performances and not just from the Brits.
Shame that some of the events have not had full crowds

I have no view on that. What matters is what his chromosones are, not what anyone thinks they are. The main concern here is the safety and fairness of the sport. I invite you to focus on that.
I think one can agree that she should not be boxing in a female competition whilst still endeavouring to find some empathy for the situation in which she finds herself. Choice of language is very important.

I think one can agree that she should not be boxing in a female competition whilst still endeavouring to find some empathy for the situation in which she finds herself. Choice of language is very important.

This exact scenario is the textbook reason as to why there needs to be an ‘open’ category for individuals like this and for trans people.

Back