• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

The After pilot is up to DL

The X Files creator, Chris Carter, is set to write and direct the project. Georgeville Television is to produce, and its CEO Marc Rosen said that “Chris has woven his mythology magic within a very human, grounded story about the moment when we realize all of our worst fears about the world and its future.

Season 01, Episode 01 – “Pilot”
Eight strangers are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation

the pilot seemed erratic to me..but interesting enough i suppose with Carter at the helm, who knows where this will go.

have a look at pilots "Transparent", "Mozart in the Jungle" and "Bosch" from amazon. first two offbeat and quirky, "Bosch" a trite formulaic. hope they all get picked up though.

also finally went through the first seasons of "Betas" & "Alpha House". all in all, good fun.

After "Alpha House", will probably need to go through "Homeland" or "Continuum" or something before tackling season 2 of "House of Cards".

anyone on here watch "Girls"? :oops:

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode of Fringe, interesting viewing! Left a lot to be answered for, in terms of the initial act of terrorism, they don't cite how the act was carried out, and so it becomes secondary to the introduction of all the characters.

I would feel as if, if something happens, it should be explained why? For what purpose? And how? Maybe those questions will be answered in future. Otherwise it's just a vehicle used for introducing the characters and nothing more.

Anyone watching "Don't look down" on channel 4 ?
All I got to say is wow these nut casses have got some big balls and not two ****s were given !!

Finally got around to watching "Don't Look Down" on 4oD last night after stumbling across this YouTube video of 2 Russians climbing the world's second tallest building, wish I'd watched the TV show first as they were just a warm up act compared to these Russians :eek:

[video=youtube;gLDYtH1RH-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U[/video]

Finally got around to watching "Don't Look Down" on 4oD last night after stumbling across this YouTube video of 2 Russians climbing the world's second tallest building, wish I'd watched the TV show first as they were just a warm up act compared to these Russians :eek:

[video=youtube;gLDYtH1RH-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U[/video]

Wow that video is even more extreme than the programme.

Started watching a few series lately. Spaced, Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Hose Of Cards.

While it is still on the iplayer, I'm going to start watching Uncle tonight

Started watching a few series lately. Spaced, Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Hose Of Cards.

:lol: Charlie Day.

also, if anyone is interested in high seas pirate hijinks with the odd titty thrown in..."Black Sails".

Uncle.... one of the better comedies on bbc 3,though the last episode was on Monday but a new series already commissioned.

Best character was his ex-girlfriend dad,very funny scenes involving him.

Brilliant. Best thing Pegg and Frost have done.

Uncle.... one of the better comedies on bbc 3,though the last episode was on Monday but a new series already commissioned.

It was very good, glad to hear they've got a 2nd series. There's a lot of ****e on BBC3 but the occasional bright spot.

Watched the first two episodes yesterday, thought it was brilliant.

There's a lot of ****e on BBC3 but the occasional bright spot

BBC have to commission new series due to tax payers funding it. For every Lee Nelson (imo absolute turgid manure) there is also a 15 Storeys High. The good stuff doesn't always get the advertisement it deserves unfortunately. Popularity is seen as vital to justify the spending. The problem with that is what appeals to the lowest common denominator is what is popular. Anything categorised as 'Comedy' on ITV, for example.

Watching House of Cards - it really is a great show. Kevin Spacey is brilliant in it.

Hannibal, as is Suits, are starting again soon which I cant wait for

Its a real real slow burner

I agree with you that it is a slow burner. It is very dour but I really loved the first episode. It's a character piece no doubt but I think it works because the calibre of actors.

It has the same feel/look as Hannibal actually.

Theres another comedy starting tomorrow night on BBC3(third series),Pramface about a young couple with a kid,again not in your face type of comedy but its quite good.

Another series that be coming back will be bluestone 42 about a group of soldiers in afaghanstan,which was well written too.

Hit sci-fi TV series Heroes is set to return for 13 new episodes next year under the title Heroes Reborn, it has been announced

US network NBC is keeping quiet on whether any of the mythology’s original cast will be starring, but “visionary creator” Tim Kring will be directing once again.

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,”Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement.

“Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment.

“We look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

Masi Oka, who played Hiro Nakamura, hinted at a possible return on Twitter after the remake was promoted during NBC’s weekend Winter Olympics coverage.

NBC also plans to introduce new characters and a self-contained plot to the show through a digital series released ahead of its return, E! Online reports.

The original series of Heroes also featured Hayden Panettiere, Zachary Quinto, Jack Coleman, Milo Ventimiglia, Adrian Pasdar and Ali Larte as ordinary people who wake up to find they have superpowers

Back