• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Gogglebox is back... \o/

Can catch first episode on 4oD or I think its repeated many times on over ch4 channels.. big repeat is Monday night on ch4 though.

Gogglebox is back... \o/

Can catch first episode on 4oD or I think its repeated many times on over ch4 channels.. big repeat is Monday night on ch4 though.

Funny that just sat down and put it on. One of the best programmes been on channel 4 for ages

Wonder if the boy that just sits there with the scouse/German family will say a word this series

hope not.. that is one of my fav bits. the close up of him eating too hahaah, funny if he has like a really posh public school boy voice.

I'm on season 3 of The Wire now, the best season yet IMO. Really interested to see if the Hamsterdam concept works in the long term. Every episode is available On Demand but I struggle to watch without subtitles as there's so much esoteric slang and so many characters that it becomes hard to follow.

Suits returned yesterday

I do love it... Will see a lot more of Scotty - who is also really HOT

I'm on season 3 of The Wire now, the best season yet IMO. Really interested to see if the Hamsterdam concept works in the long term. Every episode is available On Demand but I struggle to watch without subtitles as there's so much esoteric slang and so many characters that it becomes hard to follow.

Is stunning t.v. and the best thing I have ever seen on t.v. in my life people should study this show in years to come to show what goes wrong with policing/education/politics

Spot on. English tv really does pale in comparison to the likes of HBO, amc and Showtime.

Certainly does when people in this very thread are excited about the return of a show which is watching people who are watching t.v. themselves. Maybe the problem is the country is full of macarons so the people that make t.v. do not have to raise the bar as they know there are enough weirdos who will sit down and watch cr*p

Let's be honest. True Detective is the best thing on TV at the moment.

Final episode tonight - not sure how they're gonna wrap everything up in an hour though.

Probably the most acomplished piece of TV ive seen

Re English vs US tv ... You guys do realize that the budgets they have over there dwarf what shows in the UK have, right

Even still Sherlock comfortably sits above many of the US shows i often see people go crazy for - showing we still know how to produce a great show.

Final episode tonight - not sure how they're gonna wrap everything up in an hour though.

Re English vs US tv ... You guys do realize that the budgets they have over there dwarf what shows in the UK have, right

Even still Sherlock comfortably sits above many of the US shows i often see people go crazy for - showing we still know how to produce a great show.

The BBC has a similar budget to HBO I know they have to provide other content and not just drama's but unless they want to lose their licence fee and the is now some talk to making the BBC subscription based they need to up their game big time.

You still have to have creative minds who come with a premise for a tv show. Big budgets are rendered useless without good scripts and talented actors/directors.

I disagree as IMV many of the recent wave of US tv shows are all style no substance - take away the hollywood finish and it wouldn't be as popular.

Well when it comes to US network tv I agree, I hardly watch any of them as they are a dime a dozen. 95% of the American shows I watch are produced by HBO, amc, Showtime, FX etc, basically all the premium and basic cable channels. I realise they've got more resources, but when I think of the greatest tv shows of all time, few of them are English. There's no English tv drama that stands up to The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc.

The best shows are most definitley American, that i agree with. The size of the country and their entertainment industry means this will likely always be the case - all roads in this industry lead to the States, with talent from other countries making their way there a lot of the time (not just actors but producers and the like also - the links between the UK and the US means our talents will find their way across the pond more than most) i don't think that being the case is something to knock our industry for though - it's like expecting a small football team to compete with the galacticos. We do produce good shows but they aren't as slick and glamourus as those from America and are often mini series rather than long runners.

The best shows are most definitley American, that i agree with. The size of the country and their entertainment industry means this will likely always be the case - all roads in this industry lead to the States, with talent from other countries making their way there a lot of the time (not just actors but producers and the like also - the links between the UK and the US means our talents will find their way across the pond more than most) i don't think that being the case is something to knock our industry for though - it's like expecting a small football team to compete with the galacticos. We do produce good shows but they aren't as slick and glamourus as those from America and are often mini series rather than long runners.

I wasn't really knocking our industry but I just don't agree when people say most of American tv is rubbish, to an extent most of it is but the same can be said for our tv. I understand people being proud of British tv/films but to me it seems a bit far fetched when people claim our tv/films are better.

Certainly does when people in this very thread are excited about the return of a show which is watching people who are watching t.v. themselves. Maybe the problem is the country is full of macarons so the people that make t.v. do not have to raise the bar as they know there are enough weirdos who will sit down and watch cr*p

Its a ying and Yang thing, sometimes is Ok to watch things where the brain can relax. Gogglebox is a guilty secret and has never as far as I can see ever been put on a pedal stool with major tv shows.. although the show is almost sceientific wereby people are watching how we react in different ways, the way we would if we found a new species or look into a fish tank or go to the zoo.

Its a ying and Yang thing, sometimes is Ok to watch things where the brain can relax. Gogglebox is a guilty secret and has never as far as I can see ever been put on a pedal stool with major tv shows.. although the show is almost sceientific wereby people are watching how we react in different ways, the way we would if we found a new species or look into a fish tank or go to the zoo.

Well put... Exactly that take the brain out and watch for 45 mins and have a little chuckle at the difference in reactions of people. Big brother on a different level. But there's some truth in what Japanese said like that Essex ****e truly awful and such likes

Back