• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Great result for us, and good to see it's not only us who lose games after dominating for 80 minutes!

As for Lukaku; had there been proper regulations and limitations in the loan system, he probably wouldn't have been a Chelski loanee right now. But as it stands, they can effectively deny us or other PL competitors the opportunity to sign a player we really need (provided him and us would be interested). Instead he's safely stored away at WBA - a team that will never be a threat to Chelski.

Just saying.

I'm sure Lukaku said before he signed for Chelsea when a few of us were in the hunt for him, that he didnt want to join a club that would just loan him out.

I'm sure Lukaku said before he signed for Chelsea when a few of us were in the hunt for him, that he didnt want to join a club that would just loan him out.

He did lol, I'm pretty sure he said it more than once too. Something like he was ready to step up now and wouldn't consider going somewhere just to be loaned out to a lesser side.
Shame really, Chelsea have signed so many players that they are unable to get the best out of each one because they can only play some of them. Marin is another example. Nobody will know if he could have found that form he had a few years back in Germany because he won't ever get a fair run in their side. He'll go out on loan or move on in the summer.

He did lol, I'm pretty sure he said it more than once too. Something like he was ready to step up now and wouldn't consider going somewhere just to be loaned out to a lesser side.
Shame really, Chelsea have signed so many players that they are unable to get the best out of each one because they can only play some of them. Marin is another example. Nobody will know if he could have found that form he had a few years back in Germany because he won't ever get a fair run in their side. He'll go out on loan or move on in the summer.

Which to me shows that loan regulations would not only be good for the game, but would also protect players from being misled by their own (or other peoples) greed when choosing which club to sign for. It still baffles me to see players sacrifice their actual playing careers to earn £100k instead of £70k a week.

Which to me shows that loan regulations would not only be good for the game, but would also protect players from being misled by their own (or other peoples) greed when choosing which club to sign for. It still baffles me to see players sacrifice their actual playing careers to earn £100k instead of £70k a week.

I think maybe some of them think (or are advised!) that if they make that leap from 10k-40k to a rich club they can sign on for 100+k a week 4+ year deal then even if it doesn't work out they can stay for the money until they find somewhere to move onto, safe in the knowledge that the new buying club (even if they can't match the current crazy salary will still offer them wages way above what they should be on due to the rich club over-paying for them in the first place. Win Win for player and agent.

Hmm, that made better sense in my head ;)

I think maybe some of them think (or are advised!) that if they make that leap from 10k-40k to a rich club they can sign on for 100+k a week 4+ year deal then even if it doesn't work out they can stay for the money until they find somewhere to move onto, safe in the knowledge that the new buying club (even if they can't match the current crazy salary will still offer them wages way above what they should be on due to the rich club over-paying for them in the first place. Win Win for player and agent.

Hmm, that made better sense in my head ;)

I see the logic, and it's natural to want to earn as much as possible (who doesnn't!) - but there are players out there that let the lure of money get in the way of their sporting careers, and that's what I don't get. If I had put down all those thousands and thousands of hours of training to be a top level footballer, I wouldn't want to throw that away for an extra £20k a week (if the alternative is earning £60k a week).

I just don't get it. Personally I would be delighted to double my current salary of £50k a year, but not if it meant having to abandon the work that I am currently doing, which I'm fairly good at, and which I mostly enjoy. I apply that same logic to footballers - like the rest of us, most of them started out playing football because they enjoy it. I mean, what's the fun of sitting on the bench or playing for the reserves, or being on loan to a lesser club for a player of a much better quality? Wouldn't it be more fulfilling to actually stribe to get even better, to reach new goals?

While still earning enough to buy one or two new Ferraris a month.

Priorities, eh? Guess I'm probably overrating the level of personal ideology in most footballers. Money talks. Meh.

Everton are far from out of it, I'd say. Six points not a huge gap with 12 games still left to play.

Everton are definitley still in with a shout, but I think what will go against them is the toughness of their remaining away fixtures
Norwich,Arsenal,Tottenham,Sunderland,Liverpool and Chelsea. P

As with the NLD, our home game with is a'must not lose'. Providing we dont lose our game with them, that run of fixtures could also work in our favour if they win a few of them, as they will be taking important points of our rivals too.

As you say, you cant write them off, they are a tough team to beat (still only lost 4 league games this season IIRC), but still believe Arsenal are the team that pose the biggest threat to 4th place

Everton are definitley still in with a shout, but I think what will go against them is the toughness of their remaining away fixtures
Norwich,Arsenal,Tottenham,Sunderland,Liverpool and Chelsea. P

As with the NLD, our home game with is a'must not lose'. Providing we dont lose our game with them, that run of fixtures could also work in our favour if they win a few of them, as they will be taking important points of our rivals too.

As you say, you cant write them off, they are a tough team to beat (still only lost 4 league games this season IIRC), but still believe Arsenal are the team that pose the biggest threat to 4th place

I won't write Everton off just yet, but I do Arsenal as our main rival for 4th. 3rd is still within our reach, but I think Chelsea's form will pick up sadly.

Football makes me sad sometimes, watching Italian teams doesn't help, pathetic antics, the lot of em

I assume you mean the wrestling in the box.

Juve guy pushes celtic guy, celtic guy falls over. Juve guys falls over and pretends to be injured.

Is not exactly an inspiring run of events...

Back