• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

It's tv alright. The EL has more teams and needs an extra round, so they can spread the CL games over 4 weeks.

Great IV with Owen on Talksport about Fergie's methods. He said Fergie's greatest ability is keeping happy the players who are not playing. He watches them more closely in training and when they do get their chance they are ready.
United are a big price to win tonight. Bookie on Talkspoort says the big punters are lumping on Real and the sentimental punters on United. I personally think a draw is likely and a wee punt on Utd is worth the risk.

It would also be the club’s 10th European Cup — La Decima — the all-or-nothing pursuit of which has led to a state of paranoia around the Bernabeu.

As Mourinho said: “My objective is to win the Champions League with three different clubs, something no one has achieved.

And for Real Madrid, it would be the 10th — the only club to have reached double figures.

“There are some great clubs in the world — and great managers — who have never won it once.

So Real Madrid and myself are in a privileged position. I will do everything I can to win a third.

“I am very confident in my work and I know I WILL win another.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-ahead-of-crunch-encounter.html#ixzz2KmlKoyDg

Funny that, we had a manager once who got slaughtered for using similar language about Spurs, saying "they" rather than "we", but I bet all of you would be willing to fly to Madrid and personally pick Mourinho up from his house if it meant he would become our manager one day.

“There are great clubs in the world who have never won this,” he said. “Great managers, too. Real Madrid have won nine, I’ve won two. Both myself and Real Madrid are privileged. I want to win my third, Real Madrid want to win their 10th and I will strive to achieve that. If it comes this year, good. But I don’t think I will end my career with two Champions League titles.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...kout-English-to-save-his-job-at-Bernabeu.html

Because if he'd said "we" then it'd imply that he's won 9 and wants his 10th but he's already quantified it beforehand saying it would be his 3rd. It's not the same as Harry saying "they want to finish in the top 4" for example, as that's surely both their aims so "we" would've been the natural word to use.

Why do you have to bring Arry into this again, mate - what is the point?

Because these quotes are from yesterday and they seem to suggest that Mourinho sees himself as a separate entity to Real Madrid. I have no problem with him doing so personally or if AVB was to do the same thing, I couldn't care less as long as he gets results.

Mourinho was touted as a potential Spurs manager last season and I think it's far to say some Spurs fans still view him as the perfect candidate for the job in the future.

Ah ok, the rules don't apply for some I guess.

What "rules"?

Different club, different manager, different country.

Mourinho is a mercenary, nothing surprising about those statements. He just wants to make sure every knows it's HIS achievement in addition to Real's. I actually wouldn't want him at Spurs because of his style. He gets results through negative and cynical football and completely drains the players in the process.

Because these quotes are from yesterday and they seem to suggest that Mourinho sees himself as a separate entity to Real Madrid. I have no problem with him doing so personally or if AVB was to do the same thing, I couldn't care less as long as he gets results.

Mourinho was touted as a potential Spurs manager last season and I think it's far to say some Spurs fans still view him as the perfect candidate for the job in the future.

They don't really 'suggest' anything malicous, imv - simply his desire to win the CL. Similar to AVB saying Spurs have won the EL twice in their history

Also - comparing the two scenarion is a little a-contextual, imv - Arry meant it in a completely different way.

What "rules"?

Different club, different manager, different country.

Mourinho is a mercenary, nothing surprising about those statements. He just wants to make sure every knows it's HIS achievement in addition to Real's. I actually wouldn't want him at Spurs because of his style. He gets results through negative and cynical football and completely drains the players in the process.

My point was that a lot of our fans would overlook some of the negative things he brings to the table.

Part of me agrees with you, but at the same time I know he would be successful at our club.

My point was that a lot of our fans would overlook some of the negative things he brings to the table.

Part of me agrees with you, but at the same time I know he would be successful at our club.

Wouldn't take long before the posts about him needing to shut the fudge up appeared.

They don't really 'suggest' anything malicous, imv - simply his desire to win the CL. Similar to AVB saying Spurs have won the EL twice in their history

Also - comparing the two scenarion is a little a-contextual, imv - Arry meant it in a completely different way.

I can't ever see him settling at a job for more than a few years. Certainly don't see him staying at club for a long duration like Fergie has. He's always looking for the next challenge, which is fine, I have no problems with it. In general I believe managers get a raw deal as they get slated by fans for moving on for the sake of their careers, but fans are far more forgiving of players when they leave.

I actually wouldn't want him at Spurs because of his style. He gets results through negative and cynical football and completely drains the players in the process.

Is that the same negative football which had them score 174 (hundred and seveny four) goals last season - average of 3 goals per game? For comparison we managed 89 last season

Is that the same negative football which had them score 174 (hundred and seveny four) goals last season - average of 3 goals per game? For comparison we managed 89 last season

Put Deportivo and Bilbao in our league and you can probably add a good 30 to the tally.

Back