• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

not usually my kind of movie but have heard good things about Dredd - hopefully will catch it at the cinema

I have a rule. Films with brick titles are usually brick.

Cowboys and Aliens

Lucky Number Slevin

Snakes On A Plane

Quantam Of Solace

The Cabin In The Woods

Wrong! A classic horror film, combining parody with edge with gore and 30 minutes of total OTTness which all horror buffs will have adored.

OK, here's one...

It's a French film from 2000 but is seriously, seriously twisted...a bona-fide thriller...

With A Friend Like Harry...

This has given me an idea. As super-nerdy as this could be, shall we put a list of films together that we each think people should see, watch it and then all comment afterwards? Sort of like an 'online book club' vibe but sadly without the pints? Or am I starting to sound sad and middle aged?

This has given me an idea. As super-nerdy as this could be, shall we put a list of films together that we each think people should see, watch it and then all comment afterwards? Sort of like an 'online book club' vibe but sadly without the pints? Or am I starting to sound sad and middle aged?

that's a good idea and one i have thought of starting before - would maybe be better off in it's own thread ?

With A Friend Like Harry...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216800/ ?

Entrance - Horror/thriller

Interesting concept. Independent, low budget film. Very slow moving in the first 60-70 minutes. Can't really say anything about it as that would ruin it for anyone that haven't seen it. For it to really pay off you shouldn't even know what genre it is.

Wrong! A classic horror film, combining parody with edge with gore and 30 minutes of total OTTness which all horror buffs will have adored.

Yeah I got all the references to past horror films. I just thought the plot was silly to the say the least and the ending was just absurd, but then again a lot of horror films are silly.

Speaking of horror films, I watched Paranormal Activity 3 last night and there's one thing I don't get. In the first two films, they mention how the house that the girls grew up in when they were children was ruined by a fire, yet there is no mention of this in the 3rd film which takes place when the girls are children.

I'm guessing the mysterious Toby is also the demon in the first two films?

Dream House 7/10

Some good twists, but never really got going. The ending was too obvious once you got there.

Yeah I got all the references to past horror films. I just thought the plot was silly to the say the least and the ending was just absurd, but then again a lot of horror films are silly.

Fair enough mate, and I wouldn't argue that the last 30 mins are absurd BUT when the elevator doors open, 'tis one of the rare times I prayed it had been in 3D!!!!!!!

Just started to watch a film I had *ahem* somehow acquired and it has Russian voiceover. Arrrrggh

Back