• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Agree. Stephen King hated it though, and fell out with Kubrick as a result...

Yes indeed, but we should remember this was when King was at the height of loving, errum, snow, so I'll hope that his judgement was suitably impaired (if his own TV movie was anything to go by, I'd say it was because that-was-brick)...yes indeed, I can nerd out on this film with the sort of mind-nubing facts which make a Shining anorak!!!!!

I've not read the book, but from what I've heard, the film is one of the few films that actually surpases the book.

I loved the film.

I've read the book, seen the film about 4 times on a big screen and own it/seen it probably another dozen times. They both have their merits, but the film is fantastic for so many reasons...script is incredible...I'll stop now...

With A Friend Like Harry...

this was a good watch, cheers for the heads up - guy who played the 'bad guy' was fantastic - in fact they all played their parts well.

question in white :

i didn't see the point in the main character hiding the two bodies at the end, why not just report it to the police ? might have been better if he played a bigger part in Plums (lol at the name btw) murder - where he was all over the place from the events that had gone on previous something could have been written in where he was more of an accomplice - helping Harry hide the body (the way he did) would have been easily explainable to the police id have thought. good film regardless though

have you seen Spoorloos, from The Netherlands ? (The Vanishing)

@billyyiddo...will have to watch again. Glad you liked it, saw it a long while ago now and it really stuck with me, specifically the 'bad' guy who was just excellent. But yeah, let me watch again and I'll give you my view...glad u liked it mate.

Just finished Paranormal Activity 3. Saw the second one earlier. That's now three slow moving, slightly scary movies that are almost identical and there's pieces of a bigger plot that they had to come up with once this thing started making money. And soon we'll get number 4.

Watched John Carpenter's The Ward. Basically Shutter Island with hot chicks in a mental hospital. Amber Heard, Lyndsy Fonseca =P~

Carpenter's only film in the last decade, but while the cinematography was top notch, the script could have been better. First half was confusing, but the end was good. Greg Nicotero did the makeup effects, but it looked rather poor.

Just watched this on your recommendation. Won't be listening to your advice again :p

In all seriousness, it was a poor film, a complete rip off of Identity and Shutter Island, with some incredibly hot women and yet they made it horribly boring. The "twist" was obvious from a mile away, as was the ending.

In fact from now on, after this and sucker punch, if a film has hot women in an asylum as it's main stars, then I'm just going to presume it's brick

Just watched this on your recommendation. Won't be listening to your advice again :p

In all seriousness, it was a poor film, a complete rip off of Identity and Shutter Island, with some incredibly hot women and yet they made it horribly boring. The "twist" was obvious from a mile away, as was the ending.

In fact from now on, after this and sucker punch, if a film has hot women in an asylum as it's main stars, then I'm just going to presume it's brick

I didn't advice anyone to watch, just put down what I thought of it. :p

Additional advice: If a film is produced by The Asylum, avoid at all cost. Came across Nazis At The Center Of The Earth. OMG the crapness. They took the basic plot from Iron Sky and fudged it up with horrible acting and cheap ass CGI.

And isn't Iron Sky meant to have ropey acting and CGI anyway (in a b-movie good way)? How bad must this rip off be haha

Cineworld are doing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back tonight from 6pm across their cinemas, for anyone like me who's a massive nerd!

Back