• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw a rather odd movie last night - Let Me In (2010). Some nice elements inclduing (what I thought) were references to some of the Coenss work

7/10 fi you're in the mood for something gory

'Let Me In' is the American version of the Swedish film 'Let the Right One In' which was released in 2008. And definitely not as good as the original.

Why does America remake films and tv shows? We get Friends as it was in America, the exact same episodes, they adopt the Office, Inbetweeners etc and pull it to pieces with their own versions..why?

Cheers, mate - didn't know about the Swedish version. Will definitely check it out

I suppose they need to 'adjust' the jokes for their general audience in order for them to find it 'funny' and / or make the humour a little more 'contextual'

Last edited:
For Sale By Owner 1/10

Gets one point for good performances by Tom Skerrit and Kris Kristofferson. The guy who wrote the script also played the lead and as it happens he sucks at both, but most at acting.

Watched Annie Hall for the first time in agggges, one of my favourite films. It's a wonder they even bothered to make more films about relationships after that, they nailed it.

Cheers, mate - didn't know about the Swedish version. Will definitely check it out

I suppose they need to 'adjust' the jokes for their general audience in order for them to find it 'funny' and / or make the humour a little more 'contextual'

The thing is, it's the network execs who believe they should 'adjust' the jokes, rather than the audience themselves, look an any forum about these shows (imdb, ign etc) and you will find a lot of Americans questioning why they are remaking these shows and movies. Network and Film execs over there control what people see far too much, rather then letting the people decide

Its all about the mainstream movie goer in America though. Your average Jo Nobody is suburban North Where-eversville doesn't want to see a movie with a bunch of Brits. But they'll see the same movie with some real people in it (y'know, Americans).

People who post on imdb are generally movie buffs and a minority of the market.

Its all about the mainstream movie goer in America though. Your average Jo Nobody is suburban North Where-eversville doesn't want to see a movie with a bunch of Brits. But they'll see the same movie with some real people in it (y'know, Americans).

Fair point, although the UK general audience and US general audience are not too different, at least with TV. All of them love the talent show brick and faux reality crap.

i think nerdy dingdongheads who need to get out more sums up the majority of the people who post on IMDB forum

some of the stuff ive read on there is all kinds of :-s

i saw a poor copy of CITW - was ....... different - will watch again with a proper copy before deciding if it was good or not

Back