• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Avengers didn't feel long though, every moment was brilliant and they could have even added more to develop Hawkeye. Spidey was about 10 mins too long, though I can't honestly think of much they could have cut.

They suddenly stopped the whole parents thing, more than likely for a sequel. The weird one is how they suddenly stopped the chase for the

**spoilers**

Mugger who killed Uncle Ben

[h=2]Michael Fassbender to Star In & Develop an 'Assassin's Creed' Movie[/h]by Alex Billington
July 9, 2012
Source: Variety
Oh crap, this news is going to make fanboys (and fangirls) go crazy. One of the most popular video game franchises of the last few years is Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, featuring the shady assassin characters known as Altaïr or Ezio. Guess who else loves the game and wants to take this on? Michael Fassbender. Variety is reporting that Fassbender will be co-producing an Assassin's Creed movie with his production company DMC Film. "Fassbender was our first choice" to play the lead character," and he "is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor" who'll be bringing this video game to life on the big screen.The report states, while the Assassin's Creed games were first announced as a Hollywood project at Sony, apparently Ubisoft has backed out of that idea. Now, they "plan to stick to their initial plan and develop the film independently in order to maintain greater creative control." That means getting Fassbender one to co-produce along with his development partner Conor McCaughan (Eden Lake, Pitch Black Heist). That also means "turning to its 26 in-house game studios like Hybride Technologies, to handle visual effects work." Ubisoft recently launched a film & television division (after the failure ofPrince of Persia) to keep their own projects in house and keep control on how they're developed. It sounds like this will be in very good hands.Assassin's Creed, created by Patrice Desilets & Jade Raymond back in 2007, is an award winning historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video game series that as of 2012 consists of five main games. The focus is on a protagonist character, an assassin, who usually wears a hooded outfit, which became the focus of their latest marketing campaign for AC: Revelations. The game somewhat of a a classic historical, religious (and slightly sci-fi) feeling, almost mixed with Indiana Jones, as the story is actually about being sent back in time to retrieve powerful historical artifacts. This could honestly turn out awesome, I just hope they find a talented director to lead this, but everything else sounds like it's on the right path. Thoughts?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/michael-fassbender-to-star-in-develop-an-assassins-creed-movie/

Watched 'Felon' against last night, it's a very good film. Val Kilmer pulled off one hell of a performance, his best since Docc Holiday in Tombstone, brilliant.

Watched John Carpenter's The Ward. Basically Shutter Island with hot chicks in a mental hospital. Amber Heard, Lyndsy Fonseca =P~

Carpenter's only film in the last decade, but while the cinematography was top notch, the script could have been better. First half was confusing, but the end was good. Greg Nicotero did the makeup effects, but it looked rather poor.

^ that reminds me - i watched The Thing the other night - good movie - effects are very dated and the movie probably would have aged better if they had been kept to a minimum but was a good film nonetheless

7/10

Just seen this new batman movie online, really did not see them killing of batman, guess bale did not want to play him anymore. They seem to restart this movies from the beginning all the time so i guess that is just what they will do.

Just seen this new batman movie online, really did not see them killing of batman, guess bale did not want to play him anymore. They seem to restart this movies from the beginning all the time so i guess that is just what they will do.

What what what? There's a copy online already?

Back