• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Same plot, new city. I'm seeing that brick opening night. Can't wait.

Haven't they learned not to fudge with his family?!?!?

I never thought he would be an action movie guy but i really like him now. Also saw a movie of his where he was an undertaker but he was killing people who werent dead yet and i was suprised because it was really good i thought, mainly down to him. Did not get good reviews but i thought he made the movie, afterlife i think it was called.

i have Spoorloos on my hard drive, might chuck it on tonight

any other recommendations for similarly scary movies? so many promise so much but offer so little

You won't get to sleep for a bit!

Recommended scary stuff? I'm not a horror buff but there is some dark stuff out there

The TV version of Stephen King's only truly frightening book, Salem's Lot, is well worth seeing.

The Contenders Series 7 is genuinely disturbing in the society it depicts. Highly recommended.

Brazil is Gilliam's best film, better even than the superb Twelve Monkeys. Not scary as such, but oh so bleak.

I never thought he would be an action movie guy but i really like him now. Also saw a movie of his where he was an undertaker but he was killing people who werent dead yet and i was suprised because it was really good i thought, mainly down to him. Did not get good reviews but i thought he made the movie, afterlife i think it was called.[/QUOTE]

Lots of Christina Ricci in that film, I mean lots...

Yoss - The Contenders Series 7 is the only thing there i have not seen, will look in to it

i always forget about Salems Lot when thinking of horror titles, was one of the better ones i have seen for sure

Watching The Dark Knight again, can't wait to see if Nolan has a good impact on Superman next year, producing n' all.

I never thought he would be an action movie guy but i really like him now. Also saw a movie of his where he was an undertaker but he was killing people who werent dead yet and i was suprised because it was really good i thought, mainly down to him. Did not get good reviews but i thought he made the movie, afterlife i think it was called.

Lots of Christina Ricci in that film, I mean lots...

NOW I remember it. ;)

:lol:

Agreed there, Steve - visually stimulating but the cast was somewhat shallow and the script had massive holes. I'm guessing / hoping those would be answered in the inevitable trilogy

I re-watched the Director's Cut of Aliens last night, such a brilliant movie that has stood the test of time even if some of the CGI looks a bit ropey now.

I wonder if James Cameron can be persuaded to direct the follow up to Prometheus [-o<

I re-watched the Director's Cut of Aliens last night, such a brilliant movie that has stood the test of time even if some of the CGI looks a bit ropey now.

I wonder if James Cameron can be persuaded to direct the follow up to Prometheus [-o<

Excellent film

i think the original release is much better than the directors cut of Aliens - all the extra stuff shot before the colony gets wiped out by the xenomorph just takes away from the atmosphere when the marines first arrive.

Watched Butch Cassidy for the first time the other day. Great film! Can anyone recommend any other good westerns? My favourites are Unforgiven, the man with no name trilogy, 3:10 To Yuma and No Country For Old Men. I've also got The Wild Bunch and High Noon set up on sky never miss.

got it on my hard drive but i haven't been able to find the enthusiasm to get in to a TV series in a while

im not much of a western fan and am sure to a purist it's not a particularly great example but i also liked The Quick and the Dead

i think the original release is much better than the directors cut of Aliens - all the extra stuff shot before the colony gets wiped out by the xenomorph just takes away from the atmosphere when the marines first arrive.

I haven't watched the cinema cut for a while but you may correct about the pacing. I am still surprised that the kid who played Newt never did another movie after that great performance in Aliens, currently a school teacher apparently.

Watched Butch Cassidy for the first time the other day. Great film! Can anyone recommend any other good westerns? My favourites are Unforgiven, the man with no name trilogy, 3:10 To Yuma and No Country For Old Men. I've also got The Wild Bunch and High Noon set up on sky never miss.

The Searchers. Best Western ever made.

I watched 'Taken' for the first time due to quite a few people i know getting excited about the 'Taken 2' trailer that came out last week. Was thoroughly enjoyable.

Watched Get the Gringo

anyone who takes it seriously and slags it off is a muppet, what a fantastic piece of hokum and escapist entertainment

Mel Gibson is so good at that stuff, if he could stay off the sauce, keep his religious bigotry to himself and stay away from women younger than his daughter he might get more work.

Not that he needs it, when he divorced his wife she got $400M, her half........

Mel Gibson is a genius for 'Apocalypto' alone. What a fudging brilliant film that is.

Back