• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

It's been like that since 00:01 this morning, I gave up at 3am and tried again at 07:30 and got some good seats for the 30/7, keep checking back I;m sure you'll get through.

Watched Get the Gringo

anyone who takes it seriously and slags it off is a muppet, what a fantastic piece of hokum and escapist entertainment

Mel Gibson is so good at that stuff, if he could stay off the sauce, keep his religious bigotry to himself and stay away from women younger than his daughter he might get more work.

Not that he needs it, when he divorced his wife she got $400M, her half........

Watched Get the Gringo

anyone who takes it seriously and slags it off is a muppet, what a fantastic piece of hokum and escapist entertainment

Mel Gibson is so good at that stuff, if he could stay off the sauce, keep his religious bigotry to himself and stay away from women younger than his daughter he might get more work.

My fave movie this year. As you say - its not to be taken too seriously just some lighthearted entertainment. Its fantastic.

Watched Get the Gringo

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Surely not?

Watching Constantine, funny film in that I like it and dislike it at the same time, also that I shouldn't like the premise but kind of do.

Just seen a trailer on IMDb for Disney Pixar's "Wreck-it Ralph" looks quite good.
Ice Age 4 was looking good too till i saw the cast and noticed that fat arsed, thunder thigh, mega **** self proclaimed "black barbie" Niki Minaj is in it.... Could put me off the whole film completely

I finally got around to watching Prometheus this week... Looked stunning on big screen but the plot had so many holes in it I was left somewhat disappointed, guess this is what happens when the co-creator of Lost is allowed to re-write a film script :-k

[video=youtube;-x1YuvUQFJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0[/video]

:lol:

Agreed there, Steve - visually stimulating but the cast was somewhat shallow and the script had massive holes. I'm guessing / hoping those would be answered in the inevitable trilogy

:lol:

Agreed there, Steve - visually stimulating but the cast was somewhat shallow and the script had massive holes. I'm guessing / hoping those would be answered in the inevitable trilogy

Perhaps there will be a Director's Cut for the Blu-Ray release which will answer some of those questions are there did appear to be some dodgy editing done to get the movie down to 2 hours plus a 15 rating.

Failing that, Ridley Scott should employ someone else to script the follow ups as don't want Lindelof being allowed to finish things off with a lame Lost style ending!

MV5BNjU0MDUxMjIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk3MTgzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg

Ils (Them) - French Horror - a French couple are terrorized by some hooded assailants one night at their isolated country manor. not the most of original horror movies but the scares are masterfully done - 7/10

MV5BNjU0MDUxMjIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk3MTgzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg

Ils (Them) - French Horror - a French couple are terrorized by some hooded assailants one night at their isolated country manor. not the most of original horror movies but the scares are masterfully done - 7/10

It is a good watch. However the most disturbing film of this type must be Spoorloos or The Vanishing. This is the Dutch original, not the (probably) inferior Hollywood remake.
An absolute must see!

It is a good watch. However the most disturbing film of this type must be Spoorloos or The Vanishing. This is the Dutch original, not the (probably) inferior Hollywood remake.
An absolute must see!

i have Spoorloos on my hard drive, might chuck it on tonight

any other recommendations for similarly scary movies? so many promise so much but offer so little

Back