• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Weren't they intended to be a trilogy originally, though?

It usually helps to have a storyline in advance when you're making more than one film. The Matrix and PotC they just added more of everything and it wasn't remotely as good as the first.

A few more Prometheus related questions

MASSIVE SPOILERS

- Why would the Egnineers leave drawings of star maps telling humans where to go only to discover ships stacked with weapons to destroy them?

- Does that imply there were two 'factions' of Engineers - the ones who created (leaving hints with the star maps) and the ones who seeked to destroy?

- In the opening scene - does the guy sacrifice himself to 'create' or does he drink the wrong potion by mistake? Perhaps the massive ship overlooking above implies there are indeed 2 faction - and they didn't 'approve' of his actions

- If the guy made a mistake and polluted earth with his DNA perhaps they were planning on testing their wepons (black goo) on us or simply coming to correct their 'mistkake'. The film implies that would have been around 93 AD

I fail to see the logic in the whole plot - invite humans to a planet where they've prepared a massive military installation to destroy them?

Last edited:
A few more Prometheus related questions

MASSIVE SPOILERS

- Why would the Egnineers leave drawings of star maps telling humans where to go only to discover ships stacked with weapons to destroy them?

- Does that imply there were two 'factions' of Engineers - the ones who created (leaving hints with the star maps) and the ones who seeked to destroy?

- In the opening scene - does the guy sacrifice himself to 'create' or does he drink the wrong potion by mistake? Perhaps the massive ship overlooking above implies there are indeed 2 faction - and they didn't 'approve' of his actions

I fail to see the logic in the whole plot - invite humans to a planet where they've prepared a massive military installation to destroy them?

Good job they did leave the maps, otherwise we would never have found out about their plot to replace us

Interesting points, perhaps you are right about the factions

i imagine those last few questions will be answered in the sequels

isn't the opening scene the Engineer sacrificing himself to create the humans ?

Well, hopefully the sequels help answer all those - the big one being - Why did the want us dead?

Perhaps we were one of their experiments which had gone wrong and they were coming to correct the dying-in-the-water guys's mistake. While they were preparing - their bio weapons black goo went wrong and destroyed them. Or perhaps they were simply looking to 'test' the black goo on similar DNA living organisms but were too-afraid to do it on themselves

I suppose it's all this ambiguity which sells the 'trilogy' system

I'd give Prometheus a 4 out of 5. Too many characters that's for sure, and there were a lot of unanswered questions (I guess the sequel will answer some of them). But the acting, particularly from Fassbender was excellent and it looks stunning visually. Better than Alien 3 and Resurrection, not as good as Alien or Aliens.

I really enjoyed MIB3. Josh Brolin's impression of Tommy Lee Jones was spot on!

Watched both Avengers 3D and MIB 3D last week. Avengers was good but not as good as the reviews led me to believe but Men in Black was surprisingly very good imo. Actually enjoyed it more than Avengers.

Just watched Iron Sky, really enjoyed it, ham fest, solid fun. 7.5/10

07282df0.gif

Hmmmm!

was bored. watched mike leigh's life is sweet which i had not seen in a long time. O:) as thewlis licks chocolate off horrocks. spall's a right spaz.

I thought the 'black goo' in the containers was the same stuff that the engineer drank in the opening scene. It overflowed and changed the structure of those earth worm things, so my interpretation was that the aliens that killed everybody were creations of the engineers? No?

Tried watching 2001 a space odyssey the other nit, maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind but I thought it was a tad brick!

Watched Drive last night. Had heard good things but thought it was a bit crap to be honest. Could have been good if it wasn't so slow and trying to hard to be moody.

Wish I could find someone as sad as me to go see all 3 on the premier night with me. Starts with BB at 6:30 and ends with TDKR starting at midnight.

Back