• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Mate. Just see it in 3D and avoid the anoraks spouting brick about plot holes.

Just see it for what it is. Ridley Scott is a genius.

On second thoughts. You don't like Sci-Fi do you?

Might I recommend Sex and the City on Bluray instead?

There are only so many plot holes/odd occurances I can ignore before it affects my enjoyment of a film. I wasn't looking for anything negative and I certainly am no anorak. I don't mind being left with a couple of unanswered questions, but this just had too many for me. Fingers crossed they're answered in the sequel.

Oh and I did enjoy the film, I just felt it could have been better.

Last edited:
Mate. Just see it in 3D and avoid the anoraks spouting brick about plot holes.

Just see it for what it is. Ridley Scott is a genius.

On second thoughts. You don't like Sci-Fi do you?

Might I recommend Sex and the City on Bluray instead?

Seen SITC and I enjoyed it - actually seen both mmmmmmm...

I won't watch prometheususususueusueus but not because of the plot holes and not because I dislike sci fi but because you have a crap taste in movies and if you like something the chances are I would dislike it. Chalk n cheese grrrrrrr

Seen SITC and I enjoyed it - actually seen both mmmmmmm...

I won't watch prometheususususueusueus but not because of the plot holes and not because I dislike sci fi but because you have a crap taste in movies and if you like something the chances are I would dislike it. Chalk n cheese grrrrrrr

My favourite bit is when he turns around and you can see his little weener

There are only so many plot holes/odd occurances I can ignore before it affects my enjoyment of a film. I wasn't looking for anything negative and I certainly am no anorak. I don't mind being left with a couple of unanswered questions, but this just had too many for me. Fingers crossed they're answered in the sequel.

I was just too blown away by the 3D to worry about them!

****************SPOILERS!!!!*****************

I'll have a crack at these, this isn't me defending the film btw, I have the same opinions as you, some very odd things irked me too.

ÔÇó I don't think he knew there was any danger in there at that point, probably just found it amusing
ÔÇó I think he was convinced it was a glitch because it remained motionless for "over an hour"
ÔÇó I just thought they were tinkled off because they had their lives put in stasis for 2 years (?) only for them to find out it was because two scientists believed they had found our creators - that baffles me too, especially when they could simply relay back to the ship and ask for directions?
ÔÇó I assumed his love of biology/botany overruled his common sense, the idiot
ÔÇó Typical action sequence that doesn't make sense, made for a decent visual mind!
ÔÇó Odd that one, seemed only David knew of what was inside her.
ÔÇó The pain was too much for him to handle I guess
ÔÇó Another odd thing with no apparent reasoning

What I got from the whole Engineer thing was the guy at the start was dropped on earth to create us, we came from the same DNA, he took something that disintegrated his body into the water, last thing you see is the strand of DNA, I thought that was the creation of Human life.

Black Goo and why they want us destroyed will be in the sequel I imagine, along with the explanation to Davids other motives from Weyland etc, as I didn't feel that was covered in enough detail. Did he simply take exception to Holloway being a dingdong to him or was it a big experiment he was told to carry out mirroring Ash in Alien?

I believe you are spot on with that assumption

Just home from watching Prometheus in 3D Imax at Waterloo

We was 4 rows from the front which was too close, massive massive screen though..

Loved the film from start to finish, absolutely awesome, im sure all the questions will be answered in any potential sequels...

Will defo go watch the new Batman film in Imax too, just book seats further back next time

Just home from watching Prometheus in 3D Imax at Waterloo

We was 4 rows from the front which was too close, massive massive screen though..

Loved the film from start to finish, absolutely awesome, im sure all the questions will be answered in any potential sequels...

Will defo go watch the new Batman film in Imax too, just book seats further back next time

Glad you liked it Marky.

It blew me away.

First time I've watched a 3D movie.

It really has taken the cinema to a new level.

i reckon a directors cut might be worth watching - reckon he might have had to cut a lot of stuff out of the second half, just seemed all over the place to me

Question for those with 3D TVs at home

Is the effect that good with the latest large screen LCDs?

Or do you need an enormous projector like in cinemas

Back