• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

For those of you who saw Prometheus - is it anything like the Alien movies or does it offer something orignial to the story line of 'aliens wanting to take over the wooooorrrrrld'?

For those of you who saw Prometheus - is it anything like the Alien movies or does it offer something orignial to the story line of 'aliens wanting to take over the wooooorrrrrld'?

I always thought the scary thing about Alien was that is wasnt 'aliens wanting to take over the wooooorrrrrld', they dont appear to WANT anything, other than the animal desire to propogate the species.

No rhyme or reason, no communication, just a cold blooded killing machine wanting to use you as an incubator

^ yeah same, going to see Prometheus tonight, after reading a few reviews i don't have the excited i once had but hopefully it'll still be a good flick

It's not a standard there's a scary monster who's trying to get you storyline, I'd say it's very different to the Alien films.

It's also one of the few films I'd say it's definitely best to go see in 3d at the cinema, definitely does benefit the viewing experience this time.

Haven't seen a really good sci fi film for the first time in ages, I really enjoyed prometheus. Nice little Wire based bonus which I wasn't expecting in it as well which always helps.

It's not a standard there's a scary monster who's trying to get you storyline, I'd say it's very different to the Alien films.

It's also one of the few films I'd say it's definitely best to go see in 3d at the cinema, definitely does benefit the viewing experience this time.

Haven't seen a really good sci fi film for the first time in ages, I really enjoyed prometheus. Nice little Wire based bonus which I wasn't expecting in it as well which always helps.

Cheers - would you recommend it?

What's your rating btw?

Saw Prometheus last night. Thought the first half or so was superb, as it set the story up. But I thought it went downhill in the second half, when the story was actually 'carried out'.

I guess I'm one of those people who likes the storyline to be clear; I don't want to leave the cinema having to debate certain aspects of the plot. Which I did in the case of Prometheus.

And I don't think the story lived up to the grandiose premise of 'meeting the creators of humanity'. It all felt a bit rushed towards the end too, after a nice build up.

In fairness, is there going to be a sequel? If so, I guess that's why certain spects of the story might be a bit.... undeveloped.

Still, visually stunning at times, and worth a watch at the cinema I'd say.

I loved Eurotrip. Stupid fun with hot women. What's not to like?

I enjoyed it too - I loved it infact.

I think the planet is about to explode haha...

Anyone seen Sex Drive? that was good... funny... hotties a bit... and Amanda Crew is underrated as a sex symbol.

I enjoyed it too - I loved it infact.

I think the planet is about to explode haha...

Anyone seen Sex Drive? that was good... funny... hotties a bit... and Amanda Crew is underrated as a sex symbol.

And another one. So maybe we agree on american comedies with hot birds but nothing else?

Saw Prometheus last night. Thought the first half or so was superb, as it set the story up. But I thought it went downhill in the second half, when the story was actually 'carried out'.

I guess I'm one of those people who likes the storyline to be clear; I don't want to leave the cinema having to debate certain aspects of the plot. Which I did in the case of Prometheus.

And I don't think the story lived up to the grandiose premise of 'meeting the creators of humanity'. It all felt a bit rushed towards the end too, after a nice build up.

In fairness, is there going to be a sequel? If so, I guess that's why certain spects of the story might be a bit.... undeveloped.

Still, visually stunning at times, and worth a watch at the cinema I'd say.

8-[

Had a lazy day watching films.

Pi - 7.5 Very good, shame it didn't have the budget of his latter films. (I'm watching Touch also, and they have some strong overlap, kabbalah stuff hidden knowledge stuff etc) I'm inclined to believe that there are those with esoteric knowledge of the answers to such things (that the templars probably found something akin to this). Anyway I digress.

The Vow - 6 (probably a 5 really) bumped up a little as the misses liked it, decent enough, contrived romcom rubbish

The Grey - 6.5 probably one to many similar films before and similar roles for Neeson.

Back