• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Oh dear. Heat is a classic does not need a second film. I heard they are making another Gladiator film also. Need some more original films and less reboot stuff.

I agree on the point. But actually the original Gladiator is just a remake of The Fall of the Roman Empire

Anyone know when Killers of the Flower Moon will be on Apple+?

I'd set aside a few hours this weekend as I thought it would be a simultaneous release, but apparently not.

Anyone know when Killers of the Flower Moon will be on Apple+?

I'd set aside a few hours this weekend as I thought it would be a simultaneous release, but apparently not.

Few months after cinemas I read, not sure if true

Edit that was in an old article so ignore me, I have no idea!

Watched Mad Max Fury Road the other day for the first time, no idea how I missed it the first time around. It's hurtled up in to my top three road trip movies, alongside Planes trains and Automobiles and Road Trip.

fudge me it was blissful carnage and madness throughout and an incredible aesthetic throughout. I did the first mad max a couple of weeks ago and obviously it's an old film so it's going to seem dated but the villains were just that weird goofy / campy kind of oddness, it was just a bit meh. Fury Road managed to be a much more immersive dive in the post apocalyptic world we may be heading towards. Nicholas Holt was amazing as Nux and Charlize Theron an absolute badass, I'm guessing it's CGI but whatever effects used for her to only have one arm was amazing. I'm not usually one for rewatching films immediately but I'd gladly watch it again.

Mad Max is brilliant

It's an interesting topic best road trip movies. Y Tu Mama Tambien and The Doom Generation and My Own Private Idaho are my immediate thoughts.

Watched Mad Max Fury Road the other day for the first time, no idea how I missed it the first time around. It's hurtled up in to my top three road trip movies, alongside Planes trains and Automobiles and Road Trip.

fudge me it was blissful carnage and madness throughout and an incredible aesthetic throughout. I did the first mad max a couple of weeks ago and obviously it's an old film so it's going to seem dated but the villains were just that weird goofy / campy kind of oddness, it was just a bit meh. Fury Road managed to be a much more immersive dive in the post apocalyptic world we may be heading towards. Nicholas Holt was amazing as Nux and Charlize Theron an absolute badass, I'm guessing it's CGI but whatever effects used for her to only have one arm was amazing. I'm not usually one for rewatching films immediately but I'd gladly watch it again.

Theron and Hardy famously didn't get on well during that film, Although I think Hardy later apologized.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/feb/23/charlize-theron-tom-hardy-mad-max-fury-road-book

Theron and Hardy famously didn't get on well during that film, Although I think Hardy later apologized.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/feb/23/charlize-theron-tom-hardy-mad-max-fury-road-book

Interesting, only the other week I was reading Patrick Stewart's comments on Hardy being a bit withdrawn / anti social on whichever Star Trek film he was on. Whilst I don't want to be critical or judge anyone's feelings it seems odd for Theron to be calling someone a clam who should be fined however much for being late who she then says she's in fear of her safety around. However, being late is a trademark move of a tool as is being aggressive when called out about it. Not to justify it but the chemistry between the characters worked on the screen, a shame if it wasn't a great working vibe if people genuinely felt unsafe.

Peanut Butter Falcon.

Wonderful film and sure it's depicting a journey but there's barely a car or roads involved iirc Maybe a raft trip film would be a better label!

Ohhh thats one for a Friday night. Top three "road" trip films...

Mine in any order:

Rain Man
Peanut Butter Falcon
Stand By Me

Back