• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Tried watching Haunted Mansion the other day, but had to give up fairly quickly due to the terrible acting and lack of a decent story. Guess that's to be expected from a movie based on an amusement park ride. Skipped ahead to see some scary parts and I can't believe that CGI was done any later than 1995. The Eddie Murphy version 20 years ago was actually quite decent.

I can’t get enough of them. They’re brilliant popcorn films made even better as Cruise does his own stunts. They go to great locations too.

Can't fault cruise. He's not the greatest actor on the planet but if you watch one of his films you know exactly what you are going to get. A solid film that you can just sit back and enjoy. Loved maverick.

Each to their own though.

Can't fault cruise. He's not the greatest actor on the planet but if you watch one of his films you know exactly what you are going to get. A solid film that you can just sit back and enjoy. Loved maverick.

I think he’s a better actor than people give him credit for. Not saying he’s Laurence Olivier but Rain Man, Born on the Fourth of July and Collateral showcase his acting chops. Brad Pitt is another really good actor who doesn’t get the credit he should for his acting because he is such a huge movie star. I will say a lot of Cruise’s films are similar though. Rich Hall does a hilarious bit about how he has a “crisis of confidence” in every film he makes.

One of my favourite films is Collateral where he's playing utterly against type as the dead-eyed cipher of an antagonist.

I can’t get enough of them. They’re brilliant popcorn films made even better as Cruise does his own stunts. They go to great locations too.
Agreed...and just announced that Dead Reckoning II release has been delayed by a year due to the Hollywood strike. May 2025 ffs.

Don't get me wrong. Cruise is a decent actor and I very much like him. I like a lot of his films despite his mental deficiencies related to Scientology, but that last mission impossible was not good. And by not good I mean utter boilerplate bollox that might as well be written by the so-called villain of the piece.

Watched Old Dads on Netflix last night. I’m a big Bill Burr fan so this was right up my street. Takes the tinkle out of PC culture and how out of touch he is. I’ve written before about the top critics on rotten tomatoes worrying about their reputation before on here, currently 23% but an audience score of 88%. Exactly the same when it comes to any edgy ish comic, Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr. They all get great audience scores but rotten critics scores. I think it’s ideological tbh. More worried about giving something edgy a good review for fear of being out of step with radical groupthink that’s so prevalent today. Spineless cowards. They’re entitled to their opinion but they’re clearly out of touch with the moviegoing public large and the people who watch standup comedy.

Last edited:
Saw Killers of The Flower Moon.
See it in a theatre.
Turn the phone off.
Settle into the pace of it and allow one of cinema’s most incredible storytellers to tell the story his way.
An epic film.
If society has really got to a point where art of this nature is ‘too long’ then I’d suggest we officially declare Idiocracy a documentary of our times.

Back