• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Checked out Peanut Butter Falcon. It's probably to do with my viewing choices of late but it was refreshing to watch something that was properly heartwarming rather than apocalyptic.

Lebeouf was great, as was Zack Gottsagen and although I can't really say with any personal experience but it seemed like a helpful / tasteful representation of life with Downs syndrome.

Checked out Peanut Butter Falcon. It's probably to do with my viewing choices of late but it was refreshing to watch something that was properly heartwarming rather than apocalyptic.

Lebeouf was great, as was Zack Gottsagen and although I can't really say with any personal experience but it seemed like a helpful / tasteful representation of life with Downs syndrome.

Brilliant film, hilarious and heartwarming.

The lead pair struck up a real close friendship on and offscreen, watched a few bits about it.

Wow, that's a big scandal for film...is nothing sacred anymore

I think most of us suspected it was happening. Same for video games (they are pretty blatant, only giving early releases to their favoured streamers and critics). Amazon reviews are the same with companies giving incentives for positive customer reviews.

I think most of us suspected it was happening. Same for video games (they are pretty blatant, only giving early releases to their favoured streamers and critics). Amazon reviews are the same with companies giving incentives for positive customer reviews.

Yeh I suppose, I thought film critics lived and died by their integrity, always seemed to have that almost snobbery about it, although reading it said the lower profile critics.

On the subject of critics, seems that Kermode and Mayo have a fair few guest critics/hosts on their show these days....some have been decent, some not so.

Yeh I suppose, I thought film critics lived and died by their integrity, always seemed to have that almost snobbery about it, although reading it said the lower profile critics.

On the subject of critics, seems that Kermode and Mayo have a fair few guest critics/hosts on their show these days....some have been decent, some not so.

I'm sure the wealthy ones can afford integrity. Probably harder if you are struggling to pay rent. For rt you don't have to give it a great review. Just enough to give it a fresh rating rather than a rotten one.

I love the Sky Art - The Directors series. Tonight's was John Carpenter, man his films are iconic. Massive fan of The Thing and Christine

I've never agreed with rotten tomato ratings, I just assumed their viewing preference was brick mainstream film.

There’s also a disconnect between the critics and the movie-going public at large. The likes of Dave Chappelle and Ricky Gervais get rotten scores from the critics for their stand up specials but 95% scores or thereabouts from the audience. I guess most critics are left-leaning and just want to show how progressive they are. On the flip side, the likes of Hannah Gadsby gets high scores from critics even though she’s not funny and gets poor audience scores.

There’s also a disconnect between the critics and the movie-going public at large. The likes of Dave Chappelle and Ricky Gervais get rotten scores from the critics for their stand up specials but 95% scores or thereabouts from the audience. I guess most critics are left-leaning and just want to show how progressive they are. On the flip side, the likes of Hannah Gadsby gets high scores from critics even though she’s not funny and gets poor audience scores.

They might not even be left leaning. Just working in a place where not being left leaning could damage your career.

The us has a pretty even split of left and right. To imagine everyone in hollywood is left, is ridiculous.

The good thing about RTs though is there is an audience score though which levels the playing field.

I generally will watch anything within reason and use RT generally to see if it aligns with my own view rather than using it as a guide, I am generally also good at looking at a films avatar and synopsis on Netflix and working out if its trash or not haha.

I read critic reviews for interest but always want to form my own opinion, loads you can see the agenda of writing and some are so predictable with their reviews that you know what its going to be like before you have read it based on the film.

The only critic I really listen to with great intent is Kermode and thats not always because I agree with him but because his wealth of knowledge and also his reviews and knowledge put me onto films I probably would have found alot later that I did.

I need TP for my bunghole

View attachment 16205

Given how abysmal both Prometheus and Covenant were, I'm not taking his word for it even if he didn't make this one himself. Apparently Scott had plans for up to four additional prequels, but they were quickly shelved after Covenant bombed at the box office.

There's a tv series in the works as well, but it's been delayed because of the strike.

Given how abysmal both Prometheus and Covenant were, I'm not taking his word for it even if he didn't make this one himself. Apparently Scott had plans for up to four additional prequels, but they were quickly shelved after Covenant bombed at the box office.

There's a tv series in the works as well, but it's been delayed because of the strike.

Ohhhh I liked those two, my only complaint being the long and OTT plot, but I think it works, as long as the new film arches how they end up on the planet in Alien

Attachments

• upload_2023-10-18_17-41-26.png
    upload_2023-10-18_17-41-26.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 5

The worst thing about prometheus was that bints Scottish accent.
It's a bad day when even Scottish lassie can't do a Scottish accent.

Back