• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Kelly's Heroes.

donald-sutherland.gif

I need TP for my bunghole

View attachment 16205
This worries me more than allays my fears tbh. Scott, to me, only cares about the franchise for ego reasons and feels he was solely responsible for its success, which, again, for my money, simply isn’t true. Alien was lightning in a bottle and the progeny of many genius minds.

I do actually think Romulus will be great, based on what I’ve heard, not because Scott says so.

Great to see so many Alien fans on here though! I’m a huge, huge fan of the franchise - well, the first three any way - and is my second passion only to Spurs!

Given how abysmal both Prometheus and Covenant were, I'm not taking his word for it even if he didn't make this one himself. Apparently Scott had plans for up to four additional prequels, but they were quickly shelved after Covenant bombed at the box office.

There's a tv series in the works as well, but it's been delayed because of the strike.
I believe they actually started filming this in Thailand, but it was obviously quickly shut down because of the strike.

Ohhhh I liked those two, my only complaint being the long and OTT plot, but I think it works, as long as the new film arches how they end up on the planet in Alien
Really interesting you have this view. I hope they leave the mysteries of the original films well alone, even if David’s arc not concluding feels v unsatisfying to some.

To me, the questions in the original films have always been way more interesting than the answers. I just hope the characters are more memorable than the last two. For me, the original trilogy succeeded as it was about ordinary people - yeah, yeah, forget the rapists and murderers in 3! - whose characters are drawn and expressed wonderfully, being placed in extraordinary circumstances.

Anyway, very interested to see what Alvarez cooks up…

I highly recommend the Perfect Organism podcast series for fans. They really kicked into gear after Covenant was released in 2017 when Patrick came on board. I get a lot out of listening to them and being part of their community.

Really interesting you have this view. I hope they leave the mysteries of the original films well alone, even if David’s arc not concluding feels v unsatisfying to some.

To me, the questions in the original films have always been way more interesting than the answers. I just hope the characters are more memorable than the last two. For me, the original trilogy succeeded as it was about ordinary people - yeah, yeah, forget the rapists and murderers in 3! - whose characters are drawn and expressed wonderfully, being placed in extraordinary circumstances.

Anyway, very interested to see what Alvarez cooks up…

I highly recommend the Perfect Organism podcast series for fans. They really kicked into gear after Covenant was released in 2017 when Patrick came on board. I get a lot out of listening to them and being part of their community.

Nice one pal will check it out.

I have the bog picture podcast planned tomorrow with their Scorsese run down

Watched excorcist on iplayer last night. Not a great hooror fan but that, the shining and the omen are amazing films.

Watched excorcist on iplayer last night. Not a great hooror fan but that, the shining and the omen are amazing films.

Could be because they all tell a good story with good actors instead of being filled with obnoxious teenagers and jump scares.

Back