• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched the new Transformers film, one of the better recent one's
Good cut scene at the end too hinting at a tie in with another Hasbro brand

Cineworld going under, these large chains look to be going under. No real shock, the rise of duel release, short release windows in cinemas and streaming.

I got round to seeing enter the Spider-verse today. I was an absolute fudging treat, 2 hours plus flew by so quickly I was kind of surprised when it finished, it seemed like an abrupt ending but sets it up to make a trilogy up there with the best in terms of comic book characters.

The animation / art aspects of it were class much like the first one but it was also just a lot of fun with some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Only shame was the speakers to the right of the screen weren't working which made the whole thing feel a bit wonky / off kilter.

Cineworld going under, these large chains look to be going under. No real shock, the rise of duel release, short release windows in cinemas and streaming.

Curzon and Light are expanding/opening new sites though, so the more boutique end of the market is doing well.

To be honest new release films in general have been crap for the past 2-3 years. They've not really hit a groove yet again since Covid - most things are just cheap and/or lazy.

Local Hero on Film4

One of my all time favourites, mix of great actors, some really poinent scenes and a real feeling of joy and sadness mixed as one.

My parents favourite film. I grew up listening to the soundtrack whenever we would go on holiday as a family. I still enjoy it to this day. It has a magical quality that brings an abundance of memories and nostalgia with it.

And so I’m with you on this. A great movie and one that I could watch again at any time.

I got round to seeing enter the Spider-verse today. I was an absolute fudging treat, 2 hours plus flew by so quickly I was kind of surprised when it finished, it seemed like an abrupt ending but sets it up to make a trilogy up there with the best in terms of comic book characters.

The animation / art aspects of it were class much like the first one but it was also just a lot of fun with some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Only shame was the speakers to the right of the screen weren't working which made the whole thing feel a bit wonky / off kilter.
It might have been where you saw it, but they have had problems with the mix - drop outs, dialogue too low - that lead to them remix the film and redeliver it. It’s not the first time that sound team has not done their job properly.

Went to see it a couple of weeks back and the person sat a few seats away from me who was on her own asked me after about 2 mins if the entire film was animated, obviously not done any research.

I enjoyed both of the Miles Morales Spidey films. Wouldn’t put them higher than No Way Home, Homecoming, Spider-Man 1 or 2. Empire ranked all of the films and into the spider verse was number 1. Definitely better than Spider-Man 3 and the Andrew Garfield movies but not above the ones I mentioned IMO. I had no trouble with the sound when I saw it. If anything it was too bloody loud!

Curzon and Light are expanding/opening new sites though, so the more boutique end of the market is doing well.

To be honest new release films in general have been crap for the past 2-3 years. They've not really hit a groove yet again since Covid - most things are just cheap and/or lazy.

Yeh I was going to say the boutiques are still doing well but generally are more layered and offer something different. I generally love the retro showings more than the modern ones. Its why I keep my BFI membership as they are brilliant for that

Saw Indiana Jones last night. Was 20 mins too long but overall I enjoyed it. The CGI that made Ford look younger was a bit hit and miss, excellent in places but not so good at other times.

Also watched Confess Fletch on Sky. Entertaining and funny film.

Back