• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Nobody loves tequila. It's why you have to suck a lime after.
A mate of mine used to drink it to make him chuck.

He was quite small and skinny, by the time we'd had a pre-club amount of beer, he was so full he couldn't drink any more. So the first drink he'd have when we got to a club was a tequila so he could go and have a tactical in the gents and carry on drinking.

Oh, I'm no Hayek fan.

I just fudging love tequila.

Could not agree more, my favourite drink.

th

I got round to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

As expected it was a a lot of fun, but the humour not getting to a tiresome level like in GHod of Love and Thunder. Definitely the strongest and most consistent trilogy / series of the MCU, but I guess the others being more conforming paved way for the characters to be lovingly rag tag. It's impressive how the film can give you the feels regarding a talking tree and an angry raccoon.

Nathan Fillion seems to have barely aged since Firefly too.

To the London based it probably sounds normal or even super cheap but a tenner for a cinema ticket and £5.20 for a pint in Lincoln on the way back is madness

Without wanting to sound too bloodthirsty I was surprised that nobody died, the ravager lord guy in the second one was punch in the guts. It was quite a nice feel-good ending but not sure if there was enough of a reason for them to disband but better than going fast and furious making endless sequels I guess.

And the end cut scene suggests a new crew / guardians theme emerging, obviously gotta keep churning the films out but it is understandably what gets the mugs including myself in to the cinema.

Dungeons & Dragons. Great mix of visual and practical FX. Well paced and enjoyable, but not something you'll remember.

Renfield. Also a lot of fun, but too short. Cage's Dracula deserved a more epic movie. Felt like there were some missing scenes here and there that would have told the story better and given some background to secondary characters.

Scream VI and Evil Dead Rise. Utter garbage. Just more of the same things that made the previous outings in both franchises unwatchable. Poorly developed characters, no story to speak of and twenty minutes in you're bored silly.

Took the missus to see Fast X last night.

It is what it is. The plot is totally OTT obviously, but it is just 2 hours of pure action and escapism. Totally loved it.

Jason Momoa steals the show by a mile. Can't wait for the next one when the The Rock returns

I got round to ticking off a "classic" on my list of "Films everyone says you have to watch" in Blade Runner last night.

Aesthetically it's incredible and the soundtrack was great for it's time but wasn't convinced on the rest of it.

There's literally no explanation as to why the replicants came back to earth unless it was just the brief chat with the maker which didn't amount to much. And despite them apparently being stronger and at least of equal intellect to humans it's not really evident -
Harrison Ford's character (who is just an ex cop with a gun) doesn't seem to have all that much trouble dispatching them apart from the last guy who dies without explanation after saving Ford who's job is literally to hunt them down and kill them, it seems rather coincidental if that very day /moment was the predetermined expiration date.

Ford's narration sounds uninterested/ unconvinced throughout and the lead up to the sex scene with the android who didn't know she was one was very rape-y.

There's a series on Amazon which covers some of Philip K dingdong's short stories which was intriguing and posed some actually interesting questions, I didn't get the same vibe from Blade Runner.

It's not useful to compare as they're films going for very different things but I could watch Alien a hundred times and be gripped throughout whereas I found Blade Runner quite dull. Maybe I've missed a load of context and need to rewatch it but I don't know.

Edit - Philip K Dingdong is an excellent swear filter mishap :D

I got round to ticking off a "classic" on my list of "Films everyone says you have to watch" in Blade Runner last night.

Aesthetically it's incredible and the soundtrack was great for it's time but wasn't convinced on the rest of it.

There's literally no explanation as to why the replicants came back to earth unless it was just the brief chat with the maker which didn't amount to much. And despite them apparently being stronger and at least of equal intellect to humans it's not really evident -
Harrison Ford's character (who is just an ex cop with a gun) doesn't seem to have all that much trouble dispatching them apart from the last guy who dies without explanation after saving Ford who's job is literally to hunt them down and kill them, it seems rather coincidental if that very day /moment was the predetermined expiration date.

Ford's narration sounds uninterested/ unconvinced throughout and the lead up to the sex scene with the android who didn't know she was one was very rape-y.

There's a series on Amazon which covers some of Philip K dingdong's short stories which was intriguing and posed some actually interesting questions, I didn't get the same vibe from Blade Runner.

It's not useful to compare as they're films going for very different things but I could watch Alien a hundred times and be gripped throughout whereas I found Blade Runner quite dull. Maybe I've missed a load of context and need to rewatch it but I don't know.

Don’t think I’ve ever managed to get all the way through it.
Style over substance imvho.

Pity you watched a version with the voice over, think it dumbed it down as the studio was worried the audience wouldn't get it.
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/best-blade-runner-cut/

Back