• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

So this leads me to a question, what would people say is the best combo of streaming services to have?

I had Paramount but once I flew through Tulsa King and The Offer it was slim pickings, Sky is absolute garbage, Netflix seems really thin on the ground now so I think that will be going, yet to try Disney or others??

Prime & Mubi

They’re a great series of films. Not all masterpieces by any stretch but they’re entertaining as hell! Watching the first one reminds me of the Indiana Jones stunt show in Disney World.

Phoebe Waller Bridge would be a good choice. Spin offs I’m ok with, just don’t turn Indy himself into a woman :D

Just watched Dial of Destiny and liked the nostalgic feel but absolutely hated Waller-Bridge mugging and smirking her way through the film as though it was about her.

Just been reading up on the jonah hill controversy. It's funny how stupid it all is. Both are total idiots and like 15 year olds.

If you don't want to date a model/surfer. Don't fudging date a model/surfer you idiot!

Girl just because he's had a kid with another woman (after you broke up over a year ago). Don't put all his texts up on the internet.

What's the controversy behind the Sound of Freedom. Being panned despite it seemingly being a true story about a highly controversial topic. Is it because Mel Gibson influence?

What's the controversy behind the Sound of Freedom. Being panned despite it seemingly being a true story about a highly controversial topic. Is it because Mel Gibson influence?

Nicked this from Wiki, fudge that ha.

Connections to the QAnon conspiracy theory
According to Variety, "detractors [are] accusing the film of embellishing the reality of child exploitation and stoking QAnon conspiracy theories."

Both Ballard and star Caviezel have been public about their belief in several conspiracy theories of the QAnon movement.

Caviezel spoke at two QAnon conventions in 2021, endorsing the belief that child traffickers drain children's blood to obtain adrenochrome. At one of those events, Caviezel mentioned that Ballard was supposed to appear at the conference but was "saving victims of trafficking" who were victims of "adrenochroming", a practice whose existence is suggested by QAnon adherents. Caviezel suggested he had seen evidence of children being subjected to the practice. The event also included appearances by other QAnon promoters, such as L. Lin Wood and Michael Flynn.

Caviezel reiterated his belief in the adrenochrome conspiracy theory during the press tour for Sound of Freedom.

Last edited:
Nicked this from Wiki, fudge that ha.

Connections to the QAnon conspiracy theory
According to Variety, "detractors [are] accusing the film of embellishing the reality of child exploitation and stoking QAnon conspiracy theories."

Both Ballard and star Caviezel have been public about their belief in several conspiracy theories of the QAnon movement.

Caviezel spoke at two QAnon conventions in 2021, endorsing the belief that child traffickers drain children's blood to obtain adrenochrome. At one of those events, Caviezel mentioned that Ballard was supposed to appear at the conference but was "saving victims of trafficking" who were victims of "adrenochroming", a practice whose existence is suggested by QAnon adherents. Caviezel suggested he had seen evidence of children being subjected to the practice. The event also included appearances by other QAnon promoters, such as L. Lin Wood and Michael Flynn.

Caviezel reiterated his belief in the adrenochrome conspiracy theory during the press tour for Sound of Freedom.

Ahhhh OK, so they don't like it because the stars of the film is pro trump. Mental

So this leads me to a question, what would people say is the best combo of streaming services to have?

I had Paramount but once I flew through Tulsa King and The Offer it was slim pickings, Sky is absolute garbage, Netflix seems really thin on the ground now so I think that will be going, yet to try Disney or others??

Unblockit :cool:

Can people stop getting angry about stories (not aimed at anyone on here). If you don't think it's for you don't watch it. If it's too woke or quanon (whatever the fudge that is) for your tastes fudge it off.

If film makers are trying to use these stories to manipulate us into thinking a certain way. fudge off aswell.

Tell a story. You might have a message in there but leave it up to the viewer to make their own mind up. And don't slag them off if you don't like their reaction.

Can people stop getting angry about stories (not aimed at anyone on here). If you don't think it's for you don't watch it. If it's too woke or quanon (whatever the fudge that is) for your tastes fudge it off.

If film makers are trying to use these stories to manipulate us into thinking a certain way. fudge off aswell.

Tell a story. You might have a message in there but leave it up to the viewer to make their own mind up. And don't slag them off if you don't like their reaction.

Art is made with an intention to bring a new perspective, if it doesn't change / challenge how the viewer perceives something but just confirms already existing notions then what is the point?

I'm sort of on the fence, there has to be some responsibility on the audience to be able to see right from wrong so not be protected from anything that isn't considered "acceptable" by today's standards. But on the other hand there would rightly be calls to censor a film that intentionally glorifies slavery or the holocaust or other atrocities, that seems like valid anger / outrage rather than being tinkley that the race of a mythical sea creature / person hybrid has been changed from the how it was (the horror!!!!!!).

FWIW I don't mind the warnings like before old Disney films that were blatantly anti semitic as at least it states that from the start rather than just removing it from the records out of shame. It's a different area but removing episodes of things like it's always sunny because of blackface, when the whole point was that the characters are awful people who are insensitive to why it's not okay as an example rather than the comedy simply being some kind of minstrel performance...

On an unrelated note I watched Shutter Island for the first time but unfortunately knew the major twist already so it made it presumably a totally different viewing experience. DiCaprio was great as was Mark Ruffalo. Interesting questions about once a film has any aspect of magic realism or hallucinations, it totally throws open how it can be interpreted as arguably any ending that ties it up could also have been imagined. Quality last line of dialogue though: "Is it better to live as a monster or die as a good man?"

Art is made with an intention to bring a new perspective, if it doesn't change / challenge how the viewer perceives something but just confirms already existing notions then what is the point?

I'm sort of on the fence, there has to be some responsibility on the audience to be able to see right from wrong so not be protected from anything that isn't considered "acceptable" by today's standards. But on the other hand there would rightly be calls to censor a film that intentionally glorifies slavery or the holocaust or other atrocities, that seems like valid anger / outrage rather than being tinkley that the race of a mythical sea creature / person hybrid has been changed from the how it was (the horror!!!!!!).

FWIW I don't mind the warnings like before old Disney films that were blatantly anti semitic as at least it states that from the start rather than just removing it from the records out of shame. It's a different area but removing episodes of things like it's always sunny because of blackface, when the whole point was that the characters are awful people who are insensitive to why it's not okay as an example rather than the comedy simply being some kind of minstrel performance...

On an unrelated note I watched Shutter Island for the first time but unfortunately knew the major twist already so it made it presumably a totally different viewing experience. DiCaprio was great as was Mark Ruffalo. Interesting questions about once a film has any aspect of magic realism or hallucinations, it totally throws open how it can be interpreted as arguably any ending that ties it up could also have been imagined. Quality last line of dialogue though: "Is it better to live as a monster or die as a good man?"

Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about those warnings. I guess the intentions are good, but I’m a bit perplexed that people watch films that were made 50+ years ago and are surprised that that they don’t hold 2023 values. If I was to watch Gone with the Wind, Casablanca or Sunset Boulevard, I just accept that I’ll see things that we just don’t do anymore. Even very relatively inoffensive things like smoking on aeroplanes used to be the done thing. No one thought it was a bad idea to let people smoke in a sealed tube.

One of my fav actors is Mark Ruffalo

On your point I was in a worm hole last night about The Shining and how its been interpreted to the nth degree. From a film that on face value is about someone going mad from solitary living with a son who has a gift all the way to the idea that the hotel is actually a living being who wants the child as a human sacrifice. Its intriguing how people take hugely different things from those kinds of films

Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about those warnings. I guess the intentions are good, but I’m a bit perplexed that people watch films that were made 50+ years ago and are surprised that that they don’t hold 2023 values. If I was to watch Gone with the Wind, Casablanca or Sunset Boulevard, I just accept that I’ll see things that we just don’t do anymore. Even very relatively inoffensive things like smoking on aeroplanes used to be the done thing. No one thought it was a bad idea to let people smoke in a sealed tube.

It seems a healthier middle ground between one end saying absolutely anything goes or the other end wanting to ban / remove stuff from the archives of time.

One of my fav actors is Mark Ruffalo

On your point I was in a worm hole last night about The Shining and how its been interpreted to the nth degree. From a film that on face value is about someone going mad from solitary living with a son who has a gift all the way to the idea that the hotel is actually a living being who wants the child as a human sacrifice. Its intriguing how people take hugely different things from those kinds of films

Ruffalo was brilliant in Zodiac which has a few similar cast members to shutter island, he is perhaps underrated by the fact that a lot will just know him as the Hulk which he does well but it's not the most serious + often CGI.

It's interesting on the interpretations, like conversations, two people can walk away from a film with totally opposing accounts of what happened / what it meant. Arty types like directors usually stay neutral using the "It means different things to different people" approach to not alienate people..

It's interesting on the interpretations, like conversations, two people can walk away from a film with totally opposing accounts of what happened / what it meant. Arty types like directors usually stay neutral using the "It means different things to different people" approach to not alienate people..

Do you think some arty types over think them too in order to justify their own standing in film industry or critic circles? Not saying all but there must be some?

It was good on the big screen though
Saw it last Saturday with my nephew, bit of a tradition.
I liked it, fan of the series so probably always would have, I mean I even liked the Crystal Skull.
Thought it had a decent enough story and is always better when the Nazis are involved, for only £6.99 each at VUE as well.

Meant the airlines had to filter the air more often actually leading to cleaner air in the plane.

Back