• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

To me that doesn't look/feel like the Ledger Joker much at all. I mean, they are portraying the same character so of course it will be pretty similar.
Nicholson, Ledger, Phoenix, Leto. Three very distinctive and memorable portrayals and one ginger step-child of an attempt.

In that scale, what we see in that clip is very, very close to Ledger's.

Nicholson, Ledger, Phoenix, Leto. Three very distinctive and memorable portrayals and one ginger step-child of an attempt.

In that scale, what we see in that clip is very, very close to Ledger's.
Insomuch as Nicholson was just crap/silly/camp and Leto was crap... yes it is closer to Ledger's because it is good/fitting. You are right, Phoenix was very different, much more human.

Insomuch as Nicholson was just crap/silly/camp and Leto was crap... yes it is closer to Ledger's because it is good/fitting. You are right, Phoenix was very different, much more human.
Nothing crap about Nicholson's portrayal. Batman tales have a long history of that kind of humour/campness. Just as valid an approach as Phoenix or Ledger.

Most importantly, all three were original. I don't think what we've seen of the latest one is.

I would prefer this to the Disney efforts to sell as many plush toys as possible. It's not a film but I saw a clip from the mandalorian with Lizzo and Jack Black hamming it up, the one decent thing (apart from Rogue squadron) in years and they couldn't help but fudge it up! I have heard Andor is good but haven't seen it so can't comment.

Filmwise, I watched "Another Round" the other day. As someone who has done a lot of personal research in to the fascinating effects of alcohol, I thought it was an interesting idea of keeping a steady level of inebriation to improve oneself. Loved seeing various bits of Danish culture, Mads Mikelsen was brilliant as expected but I'm not really sure I worked out a concrete message in the film. It's obviously not as simple as "booze is good / bad", it obviously helped move the story along but no idea why they felt to the need to push it to oblivion level...

I would prefer this to the Disney efforts to sell as many plush toys as possible. It's not a film but I saw a clip from the mandalorian with Lizzo and Jack Black hamming it up, the one decent thing (apart from Rogue squadron) in years and they couldn't help but fudge it up! I have heard Andor is good but haven't seen it so can't comment.

Filmwise, I watched "Another Round" the other day. As someone who has done a lot of personal research in to the fascinating effects of alcohol, I thought it was an interesting idea of keeping a steady level of inebriation to improve oneself. Loved seeing various bits of Danish culture, Mads Mikelsen was brilliant as expected but I'm not really sure I worked out a concrete message in the film. It's obviously not as simple as "booze is good / bad", it obviously helped move the story along but no idea why they felt to the need to push it to oblivion level...

Another Round is fantastic.

Trailer is out for the next Taika Waititi film..

I want this to be brilliant but not sure it can surpass the original documentary film of the same name. Would recommend it to absolutely anyone whether they liked football or not. I reckon that film saved my life which is why I have the American Samoan flag tattooed on me despite having absolutely no links to American Samoa, that's cultural appropriation for ya!

It's an truly incredible story but I'm not sure if it needs the Taika Waititi current brand of sillyness to take away from the reality of it.

Nothing crap about Nicholson's portrayal. Batman tales have a long history of that kind of humour/campness. Just as valid an approach as Phoenix or Ledger.

Most importantly, all three were original. I don't think what we've seen of the latest one is.

Rewatched Batman 1989 version today and Nicholson is class, he is still my favourite by some way

Just booked to watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 next Monday
I have really enjoyed the 2 films so far and their appearances in other Marvel movies

Back