• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Zodiac again last night and have a real love hate relationship with it but purely down to the subject. Great film on its own and Ruffalo who I rate is good but because they never caught the Zodiac in real life the film falls off badly at the end...such a shame, I know it's not the films fault as its based on real life, just no real conclusion
The violent tension of the lake scene. No music, just the dull thuds of someone being repeatedly stabbed. Horrific.

The violent tension of the lake scene. No music, just the dull thuds of someone being repeatedly stabbed. Horrific.
Yeh it's incredible

I also watched 12 years a slave for the first time at the weekend, tough watch with the Fastbender scenes but some film.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Yeh it's incredible

I also watched 12 years a slave for the first time at the weekend, tough watch with the Fastbender scenes but some film.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Slavery is obviously wrong, but I have to say I was aroused in the scenes where he is wiped. Don't know what the problem is, I enjoy a good spanking as well.

Watched Zodiac again last night and have a real love hate relationship with it but purely down to the subject. Great film on its own and Ruffalo who I rate is good but because they never caught the Zodiac in real life the film falls off badly at the end...such a shame, I know it's not the films fault as its based on real life, just no real conclusion

What a film. Disregarding that it's a true story and obviously wanting justice, I kind of liked the ending as it does reflect real life, there's not always a Hollywood ride in to the sunset / closure moment. So it shined a light on how many people's lives were affected beyond the victims. As well as the difficulty of the different state police departments cooperating (or not) with each other.

Although it's a fairly tragic yet predictable downfall, Downey Jr's portrayal of his character is brilliant. Same with Gyllenhaal, the guy pretty much never misses and plays a wide variety of characters, the term "under rated" is different for everybody but he's definitely fall in to that catagory for me.

Last edited:
What a film. Disregarding that it's a true story and obviously wanting justice, I kind of liked the ending as it does reflect real life, there's not always a Hollywood ride in to the sunset / closure moment. So it shined a light on how many people's lives were affected beyond the victims. As well as the difficulty of the different state police departments cooperating (or not) with each other.

Although it's a fairly tragic yet predictable downfall, Downey Jr's portrayal of his character is brilliant. Same with Gyllenhaal, the guy pretty much never misses and plays a wide variety of characters, the term "under rated" is different for everybody but he's definitely fall in to that catagory for me.

Yeh it certainly is a great film, like I say my nitpicking at the end is purely a personal weird irk haha

Rewatched The Batman, first time since seeing it at the cinema.

Think they nailed how dark and dreary Gotham is, the film was visually stunning. I also liked the detective side of Batman that wasn't a major focus with Nolan's trilogy.

Pattinson nailed it for me as well as Paul Dano as the Riddler, went full on psycho rather than the campy style Carrey went for in Tim Burton's film... It's still hard to believe it's Colin Ferrell as the penguin, amazing job on the prosthetics.

Only shame for me was that unless the scene was a red herring, the next film is going to have yet another interpretation of the Joker, which isn't really taking it in a fresh direction with other villains to go with. Love Joaquin Phoenix's joker as it's telling a different story but don't need another joker versus Batman retell for a while, whoever it is won't surpass Heath Ledger. A quick Google says the Batman part 2 won't be out until October 2025 so it's a fair old wait either way.

Rewatched The Batman, first time since seeing it at the cinema.

Think they nailed how dark and dreary Gotham is, the film was visually stunning. I also liked the detective side of Batman that wasn't a major focus with Nolan's trilogy.

Pattinson nailed it for me as well as Paul Dano as the Riddler, went full on psycho rather than the campy style Carrey went for in Tim Burton's film... It's still hard to believe it's Colin Ferrell as the penguin, amazing job on the prosthetics.

Only shame for me was that unless the scene was a red herring, the next film is going to have yet another interpretation of the Joker, which isn't really taking it in a fresh direction with other villains to go with. Love Joaquin Phoenix's joker as it's telling a different story but don't need another joker versus Batman retell for a while, whoever it is won't surpass Heath Ledger. A quick Google says the Batman part 2 won't be out until October 2025 so it's a fair old wait either way.
Not sure if you've seen the deleted scene with the Joker but it's almost a carbon copy of Ledger.

I was disappointed by the complete lack of chemistry between Wayne and Alfred. That's just about the only long standing relationship in the story and they seemed like complete strangers.

Not sure if you've seen the deleted scene with the Joker but it's almost a carbon copy of Ledger.

I was disappointed by the complete lack of chemistry between Wayne and Alfred. That's just about the only long standing relationship in the story and they seemed like complete strangers.

I was referring to the scene in Arkham Asylum where the Joker introduces himself as a friend via a riddle, so not sure if we're talking about the same scene but even in that one, it did seem a little derivative.

And that's a fair point on Alfred, I think it was partly to do with the dialogue, three lines in and Batman is already saying "You're not my father", which was hitting some cliches remarkably quick! Arguably it could make sense given that Alfred was not fully telling the truth in regards to the Waynes, so the coldness could have been for that reason. Not an easy job to replace Michael Caine (appreciating there have been many other Alfreds).

Whereas with Gordon there was a sort of long-standing respect even though they wouldn't have been working together for such a long time.

I was referring to the scene in Arkham Asylum where the Joker introduces himself as a friend via a riddle, so not sure if we're talking about the same scene but even in that one, it did seem a little derivative.

And that's a fair point on Alfred, I think it was partly to do with the dialogue, three lines in and Batman is already saying "You're not my father", which was hitting some cliches remarkably quick! Arguably it could make sense given that Alfred was not fully telling the truth in regards to the Waynes, so the coldness could have been for that reason. Not an easy job to replace Michael Caine (appreciating there have been many other Alfreds).

Whereas with Gordon there was a sort of long-standing respect even though they wouldn't have been working together for such a long time.
The relationship did seem overly solid with Gordon considering the point in the timeline. Probably difficult not to have screen chemistry with Jeffrey Wright though, I rate him very highly.

I suppose the Alfred relationship will always be a victim of trying to create EmoBatman. Outside of that though, Pattinson surprised me and was far better than I thought he would be. Cain was inspired casting and played beautifully. It'll take something rare to match any part of Nolan's interpretation but Alfred was a high point by any standard.

This is the scene I'm talking about, it was cut from earlier on in the story in favour of the reveal at the end. Pretty much a carbon clone of Ledger IMO:

The new joker is played by Barry Keoghan and he's an excellent actor, Although I do agree.. There's a whole load of villains they could bring back, not sure why we need a new joker right now.. Would be better if they just left this as a teaser for a few years.

The new joker is played by Barry Keoghan and he's an excellent actor, Although I do agree.. There's a whole load of villains they could bring back, not sure why we need a new joker right now.. Would be better if they just left this as a teaser for a few years.
I like Keoghan but from what I've seen of his portrayal, it's way too close to Ledger's to be anything but a knock-off

The relationship did seem overly solid with Gordon considering the point in the timeline. Probably difficult not to have screen chemistry with Jeffrey Wright though, I rate him very highly.

I suppose the Alfred relationship will always be a victim of trying to create EmoBatman. Outside of that though, Pattinson surprised me and was far better than I thought he would be. Cain was inspired casting and played beautifully. It'll take something rare to match any part of Nolan's interpretation but Alfred was a high point by any standard.

This is the scene I'm talking about, it was cut from earlier on in the story in favour of the reveal at the end. Pretty much a carbon clone of Ledger IMO:

Interesting! But yeah I'm glad it wasn't in the final edit. Matt Reeves has said it isn't nailed on that Joker will be the main villain in part two and nothing against the guy's performance but with his origin films and Jared Leto's rather clumsy take it does feel like the character should just be left alone for a while.

I think Pattinson had still had a bit of the Twilight stigma around him, I never saw those so my impression was more based on The Lighthouse and Good Time where it wasn't teenage vampire drama but more serious films where he could show his range.

Looks intriguing on the Penguin series as well. Just hope it's not exclusive to yet another streaming service, it was always going to happen but there are way too many already and it adds up quickly in terms of monthly subscriptions.

Don't mind the new look for the Joker but do reckon they'll make some changes, I guess it's a bit fresh in that (for the deleted scene anyway...) Reeve's said he had a medical condition, forget what it's called that gives him the mouth/scars etc, I guess that's a bit new to Nicholson's joker who became the Joker from a chemical bath, Ledger's who was psychotic and made himself the Joker, "society" created Phoenix's Joker and now we have one that's maybe born the Joker... hmm.

Penguin looks alright, disappointed the Gotham P.D show with Jeffery Wright was canned, that could have been good.

Last edited:

To me that doesn't look/feel like the Ledger Joker much at all. I mean, they are portraying the same character so of course it will be pretty similar.

Back