• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

DHSF, I suggest you never bother watching The Avengers because I fudging LOVED IT. Absolutely perfect, fantastic stuff. Hulk was surprisingly my fave, followed by Tony. Epic movie.

I have got back from watching the Avengers and I too fudging loved it. By far the best ever superhero movie ever made and one of the most fun films I have watched since goodness knows when. A totally EPIC movie. It was really really witty with some brilliant oneliners, with Tony Stark with most of them, although you may be right about Hulk stealing it.

Last edited:
Watched The Avengers this morning, really enjoyed it, was a far better actual 3D experience than other 3D films Ive seen

Agreed... Watched it yesterday and for me it was probably one of, if not THE best superhero film ive seen. Really enjoyed it. And to think i werent even bothered bout this film when i first heard of it but now id quite happily go cinema again to watch it

Can't really compare Avengers with say Nolans bat-films as they are both completely different beasts but the whole Avengers build up and execution was immense, except for IronMan 2 which was GHod-awful IMO.

The Avengers was triffic! They managed to fit all of the characters into the story without marginalising anyone which must have been incredibly difficult! The set pieces were superbly done! It was funny too. Hulk stole the show for me. Best superhero movie ever as far as I'm concerned, much better than the Batman films.

Can't really compare Avengers with say Nolans bat-films as they are both completely different beasts but the whole Avengers build up and execution was immense, except for IronMan 2 which was GHod-awful IMO.

I found the Spiderman films (well 1 and 2) far more entertaining than the Batman films if I'm honest. The Nolan batman films are great pieces of work, but I also think they are too long.

SM 1&2 were great, just prefer Batman and darker themes with comic book movies.

New spiderman looks decent, good couple of months coming up with Prometheus, spidey and batman.

SM 1&2 were great, just prefer Batman and darker themes with comic book movies.

New spiderman looks decent, good couple of months coming up with Prometheus, spidey and batman.

Really didn't like Spiderman. Toby mcguire was so wet in it, you really felt like giving him a slap and telling him to man up, even the cartoon was more gritty. Hoping the reboot is an improvement

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Anyway, Avengers is great but...

[video=youtube;g8evyE9TuYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oh my!

Last edited:
For people that haven't seen the extended 3 min Prometheus trailer yet.

[video=youtube;iIJeQNyZ6VE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJeQNyZ6VE[/video]

Anne Hathaway in a 'serious' role? :|

r.e. Prometheus - I fear it might be a Alien remake with much better CGI and similar story line

Last edited:
I found the Spiderman films (well 1 and 2) far more entertaining than the Batman films if I'm honest. The Nolan batman films are great pieces of work, but I also think they are too long.

[video=youtube;35TbGjt-weA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA[/video]

Avengers if it's anything like the sum of it's parts will be pretty toss. Batman will be amazing. Spiderman was rubbish. The new Spiderman will also be rubbish. If people didn't accept these mediocre re-hashes then they'd actually be forced to do something decent.

Anne Hathaway in a 'serious' role? :|

r.e. Prometheus - I fear it might be a Alien remake with much better CGI and similar story line

Looks like there's going to some similarities in terms of an Alien being getting on board the human ship - but I think that's as similar to the first film as it will get.

The storyline revolves around why the Alien (space jokey) ship in the first film was on that planet.

Anyway, Avengers is great but...

[video=youtube;g8evyE9TuYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oh my!

Prometheus trailer is better. I am looking forward to this film, love Nolan and loved the first too, but I'm just not hyped for this. I think it's a bit of "after the lord mayor's show", Ledger's joker got me so hyped for DKR and Bane just isn't having the same affect. Looking forward to it though, but just not overhyped. Oh and I think Avengers is better than DKR so not sure this can possibly top it.

Better than The Dark Knight? well possibly, as a Superhero/comic book film Avengers is better, considering the way it takes you out of reality but its execution never really has you thinking about it, I'd agree it's probably the best Superhero film ever made. I just think the characterisation and story are way better in The Dark Knight, so much so I don't think it's very comic book movie-like at all, it's more of a crime thriller than a comic book movie.

As an avid reader of Batman comics etc I am extremely hyped by Bane, he is the only villain to ever break the Bat, not to mention Catwoman will be good and the spoilery stuff I know that makes me even more hyped for it!

And yeah that Prometheus trailer is something else.

Last edited:
Better than The Dark Knight? well possibly, as a Superhero/comic book film Avengers is better, considering the way it takes you out of reality but its execution never really has you thinking about it, I'd agree it's probably the best Superhero film ever made. I just think the characterisation and story are way better in The Dark Knight, so much so I don't think it's very comic book movie-like at all, it's more of a crime thriller than a comic book movie.

As an avid reader of Batman comics etc I am extremely hyped by Bane, he is the only villain to ever break the Bat, not to mention Catwoman will be good and the spoilery stuff I know that makes me even more hyped for it!

And yeah that Prometheus trailer is something else.

I enjoyed The Avengers more so imo it's better. Bear in mind that I'm a huge Marvel fanboy, but then I do love Batman as well. They both offer different things, and are the best at what they offer, but I prefer The Avengers.

Not a fan of Marvel comics, the only one I read is the Punisher MAX series because Garth Ennis is fantastic, but their movies have all been great, looking forward to Avengers phase 2 now.

Back