• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I see Tim Burton is going out of his comfort zone again in making another weird film, with Johnny Depp as the lead and Helena Bonham Carter also getting a role. The guy is a real one trick pony.

He is a spurs fan (well he sat next to me in the away end at Stamford Bridge once so I assume he is....) so I can't be too harsh on Burton.

But he is a complete one trick pony.

Saying that the new film looks funny.

My mate is in Dark Shadows..

He is also doing Skyfall, he is Javier Bardem's stand in, done 5 weeks on Bond so far, is loving every minute of it

Javier Bardem is excellent, he is pure terror in no country for old men.

By far and away the best weapon in any film

He is a spurs fan (well he sat next to me in the away end at Stamford Bridge once so I assume he is....) so I can't be too harsh on Burton.

But he is a complete one trick pony.

Saying that the new film looks funny.

Agree with the above. I would like to see him return to form because he can make brilliant films. Alice in Wonderland was brick though.

Watched Captain America in the morning. Not overly impressed.

Followed that by Water for Elephants. Good film, would recommend a watch

Very disappointed myself as I had heard good things.

There must be a rule that says the more underwhelming CGI there is in a film, the worse the acting, script, direction must be.

See Sherlock Holmes above.

I see Tim Burton is going out of his comfort zone again in making another weird film, with Johnny Depp as the lead and Helena Bonham Carter also getting a role. The guy is a real one trick pony.

22 films hes made and Johnny Depps been in 8 of them!!! I kind of feel once you seen one Tim Burton film know what to expect from the rest. Thats not to say they are bad but i do agree he is pretty 1 dimentional.

Off to see Avengers in 3D with my mate and his boy on Saturday morning... Must admit, after watching Wrath of the Titans in 3D, i was quite impressed how far its come since the first 3D film i watched... A pile of toss called Saw 3D! Completely gimmicky use of the extra dimmension, whereas Wrath felt like it really popped out of the screen. There was a part in the title screen where the spsrks from the flames actually felt like they were in the room and i admittedly flinched.

Not yet seen Cpt. America but im sure i can enjoy Avengers without seeing it just yet?

Edgey - if you want a good 3D experience try and catch Avatar at the cinema (no doubt will be a matinee at some point).

Yes, its a pretty naff film but the 3D element is outstanding and well worth the ticket alone - its sets the bar VERY high for any 3D film Ive seen since (none of which have come close, including Wrath...)

Edgey - if you want a good 3D experience try and catch Avatar at the cinema (no doubt will be a matinee at some point).

Yes, its a pretty naff film but the 3D element is outstanding and well worth the ticket alone - its sets the bar VERY high for any 3D film Ive seen since (none of which have come close, including Wrath...)

Will have to keep an eye out. Was a little gutted i missed it the first time round. They say the CGI heavy films are alot better 3D than normal ones especially the pixar style animations. Ice Age 3 looked awesome when i saw a 3D tv demo set up in PC World... Almost enough to convince me to purchase. But not yet, no least till the price of a 3D set up drops a bit more

I thoroughly enjoyed it at the cinema in 3D. I've tried to watch it on sky a few times since but have never made it past 15 minutes. The film is visually stunning and imaginitive, but it clearly rips off the plot from some other films, most notably Dances With Wolves, and I really didn't care about any of the characters. You're right about the 3D though, it probably is the benchmark so far for 3D films.

Saw The Cabin in the Woods last night, loved it, didn't take itself seriously, good fun, def one to see at the cinema.

Recent movies I have enjoyed

The Innkeepers - Old fashioned scarer
Haywire - brick plot but great fights
Real Steel - Great Saturday night don't want to think too much Rocky remake with robots
Tin Tin - Good family movie
Girl with the dragon Tattoo - Indie and mainstream movie combined, loved it!

The ones I haven't enjoyed
Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol - Utter garbage and predictable (Is it now a comedy franchise??)
Sherlock Holmes 2 - Loved the first one didn't finish the second
The Three Musketeers - Leave this story alone please Hollywood
Drive - Most people like this, I found it slower than Ryan Nelson
In Time - Total crap!

Prefered the Swedish one myself but the American version is decent. Maybe its the Swedish characters who live in Sweden who speak with American etc accents that annoyed me. Also thought the Swedish one was closer to the book.

Last edited:
Back