• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

[video=youtube;XQf3YP8p85I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XQf3YP8p85I#t=4s[/video]

moneyball - 9/10

Engaging and excellent from the first minute to the last minute

I didnt understand the baseball aspects of it but you kinda get the main jist of the movie.

I was kinda disappointed with Moneyball. Good film, but not quite as good as I thought it'd be.

I follow Baseball a bit so I'm famaliar with the Oakland A's and Billy Beane. Surprised they made a film of it to be honest, they never won the world series or even reached the world series, they just punched above their weight for a few years considering the tiny budget compared with the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox who blow everybody else out the water like Emirates Marketing Project do now.

Just watched the girl with the dragon tattoo.

8/10. Very good film although just a touch long winded it was very good. I fancied the girl but she totally aint my type - I just think she looked like a good fudge.

Cant wait for the sequel though

I was kinda disappointed with Moneyball. Good film, but not quite as good as I thought it'd be.

I follow Baseball a bit so I'm famaliar with the Oakland A's and Billy Beane. Surprised they made a film of it to be honest, they never won the world series or even reached the world series, they just punched above their weight for a few years considering the tiny budget compared with the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox who blow everybody else out the water like Emirates Marketing Project do now.
Eh, it's more about what they did, which was pretty remarkable. The A's were incredible in the early 2000's, even though they never won anything. They changed the way that teams draft players, trade players, and evaluate talent. The A's have been awful because all of the big money teams caught onto Beane's strategies, and then just were able to throw more money at players that topped the charts. The A's have zero money, and got left in the dust. Was still pretty revolutionary for the game though.

Eh, it's more about what they did, which was pretty remarkable. The A's were incredible in the early 2000's, even though they never won anything. They changed the way that teams draft players, trade players, and evaluate talent. The A's have been awful because all of the big money teams caught onto Beane's strategies, and then just were able to throw more money at players that topped the charts. The A's have zero money, and got left in the dust. Was still pretty revolutionary for the game though.

Well maybe it's because I think the whole "moneyball" philosophy is flawed. They just discount players that steal bases and offer a lot of other skills purely in favour of players who have good on base percentages.

Back