• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Not a fan of Marvel comics, the only one I read is the Punisher MAX series because Garth Ennis is fantastic, but their movies have all been great, looking forward to Avengers phase 2 now.

The problem is, DC has Superman and Batman. I'm struggling to name any other decent superheroes they have.

[video=youtube;35TbGjt-weA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA[/video]

Avengers if it's anything like the sum of it's parts will be pretty toss. Batman will be amazing. Spiderman was rubbish. The new Spiderman will also be rubbish. If people didn't accept these mediocre re-hashes then they'd actually be forced to do something decent.

This will be controversial, but would the Dark Knight been so highly praised had Heath Ledger not died? I'm not sure. It is a great film don't get me wrong, but some people rate it as one of the best films ever made, it's nowhere near!

This will be controversial, but would the Dark Knight been so highly praised had Heath Ledger not died? I'm not sure. It is a great film don't get me wrong, but some people rate it as one of the best films ever made, it's nowhere near!

I'm not one for jumping on band wagons but his joker in it was epic. You really did forget it was heath ledger, a long way from Knights Tale. I thought it was a great film and I do love both of the Batman films, its not the greatest film ever though

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

the Batmans are the best takes on a comic book that i have seen from a movie, but then im not a fan of comics so i guess that might be why

As Steed said, both Batman films have been quality, not just the one with Heath Ledger's involvement.

I don't know whether it would have been as highly praised by others, there is simply no way of knowing that, but as far as I'm aware I didn't approach the film in any way that I wouldn't usually.

Ledger wouldn't have won the Oscar had he lived imo, no way, but he was getting brickloads of praise even before he died, all it did was make the audience pay more attention to his performance, and the reviews praising him probs added an extra $100m+ to the box office.

Horrid that he died and in a film sense Nolan did say that he planned on using The Joker in the 3rd film too so lost out on more Ledger Joker.

Ledger wouldn't have won the Oscar had he lived imo, no way, but he was getting brickloads of praise even before he died, all it did was make the audience pay more attention to his performance, and the reviews praising him probs added an extra $100m+ to the box office.

Horrid that he died and in a film sense Nolan did say that he planned on using The Joker in the 3rd film too so lost out on more Ledger Joker.

I personally despise people getting accolades on the basis they have died, really gets on my nerves, however I can't give enough praise for his playing of the Joker> I really wasn't expecting much based on his previous offerings, but it really impressed me. I didn't actually think he'd be capable of pulling it off but he did tremendously

Watched Sucker Punch the other day. Enjoyable enough.

When it comes to ranking the women in terms of fitness:

1. Abbie Cornish
2. Vanessa Hudgens
3. Emily Browning
4. Jena Malone
5. Jamie Chung

The problem is, DC has Superman and Batman. I'm struggling to name any other decent superheroes they have.

Lobo

300px-Lobo_Paramilitary_Christmas_Special_1.jpg

Saw The Rum Diary (2011) last weekend - excellent viewing and strongly recommended - subtle humour thrghout but of very high standard

What did everyone think about Fargo? I got told by quite a
Few people how amazing it was personally thought it was average as fudge

Back