• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Shawshank Redemption..... I mean really, seriously, in 1994 how did it lose out so many times to Forrest Bloody Gump (which I did quite like, I'll say)..... but really..... watching it on ITV2+1 now and still thinking..... wow!

Mate, don't use that pretentious toss excuse for an award to judge a film's quality. It's the equivalent of looking for good music on MTV

I did kinda think that as I wrote it. I mean, who actually gives a brick about the Oscars other than the marketeers?

Because Forrest Gump tackles brickloads of sensitive issues in the space of 2 hours, The Oscars love that.

Plus its a great film, Shawkshank is probably the better of the two though.

Pulp Fiction and Quiz Show were also nominated that year! Some years produce a long list of great films, 1976 saw Taxi Driver and All The President's Men lose out to Rocky, all great films!

Recently happened to see an old favourite of mine - The Unbearable Lightness of Being - classic motion picture based on the book (which is also very good)

Would strongly reccommend to anyone who hasn't seen it

Last edited:
Tower Heist - really enjoyable
Columbus Circle - decent thriller if you enjoy having every little detail of the plot spoon fed, several times.

Never heard of it - I guess no one fudgein told me about it.

I am watching Inglorious Basterds - im past ten minutes - so a good sign. very good sign.

Never heard of it - I guess no one fudgein told me about it.

I am watching Inglorious Basterds - im past ten minutes - so a good sign. very good sign.

That first scene can seem a bit drawn out, but I thought it was fudging amazing. My favorite Tarantino by far.

That first scene can seem a bit drawn out, but I thought it was fudging amazing. My favorite Tarantino by far.

I liked the first scene - I guess the first scene drew me in.

Gotta say I think some of the acting is very good - especially whats his face christoph Waltz. When I watch movies I dont really care about the acting or actors etc or how a movie looks etc but as long as the movie is enjoyable but with this movie SO FAR Waltz has really impressed me

Back