• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Day 2 of the Blockbusters free movie rentals and I'm sat watching the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I've seen it before, housemate hasn't, so I thought would be good to see it again.

Anyone seen Nicholas Cage's sorry excuse for a film? Worst actor to ever win an oscar?

Which one of his sorry excuses for a film? I hate the guy, he annoys me and his acting grates and I have been unfortuate that he has actually starred in some good films. If we're talking Ghost Rider, please don't tell me that you saw it after I advised everyone not to earlier in this thread.

I'm not a huge fan of Tom Hanks... there I said it... I just don't like the characters that he plays these days, even if I can respect that he is a very talented actor.

Just watched Severance - funny movie.

Hustle and Flow is on now - looks ok.

GHod - I have seen like six movies today

I liked Hustle and Flow.. Some good quotes in there.

Just seen a trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! Thought it was a tinkle take but it's actually a serious film!?

I enjoyed The Grey.

It was a bit slow in places, but it was decent enough and the final scene was good.

Also enjoyed Red which has an all star cast including Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Hellen Mirren and Morgan Freeman.

Bolt has a blu-ray of Underworld Awakening

The Grey was alright but it could have done with some kind of comic resolution.

It was the film equivalent of being punched for an hour and a half before being told your family were dead then being kicked in the balls and shat on.

I fudging love Nic Cage and I'm not afraid to say it [-(

[IMGhttp://benisawesome.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/aheadshake.gif[/IMG]

;)

Fair enough, each to their own.

This skit sums up my feelings on the man...

[video=youtube;eExfV_xKaiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExfV_xKaiM[/video]

He must be making brick loads though, fair enough to him for that..

Cage went bankrupt a few years ago, hence him appearing in a new bricky movie every 3 months since.

Expensive habits, couple of divorces and some bad investments perhaps?

Lots of biggish names in acting are broke. Wesley Snipes is in prison for tax evasion. Occasionally out on parole to do some cheap action movies in Eastern Europe.

I know he's not a great actor (although he can be very good in the right films) but I just love his crazy brick. He always entertains me, even if what he is in is utter flimflam.

Watched The Woman in Black tonight at the cinema, now watching Horrible Bosses, film 3 in the Blockbusters series.

Horrible Bosses was the film I saw the first time I went to the cinema by myself. Jennifer Aniston nudity aside it's not really up to much.

95% of what I write in this negative is always about films I think are brick, I should adopt a more positive attitude clearly...

Anyone heard anyone about the Monsters Inc prequel coming out? Monsters University. I'm not sure, but I'm going to give it a chance as Monsters Inc is just a terrific film, fudging awesome.

Most of the bigger productions these days are just brick. What happened to writing a decent script first?

Horrible Bosses was the film I saw the first time I went to the cinema by myself. Jennifer Aniston nudity aside it's not really up to much.

95% of what I write in this negative is always about films I think are brick, I should adopt a more positive attitude clearly...

Anyone heard anyone about the Monsters Inc prequel coming out? Monsters University. I'm not sure, but I'm going to give it a chance as Monsters Inc is just a terrific film, fudging awesome.

Beats my, 'I've watched/am watching a movie and will write down what it's called and not bother reviewing it' kind of approach. I thought that The Woman inBlack was a good film, had excellent suspense and build up, in addition to some good scares. I thought Daniel Radcliffe was good in the role, and I half diverted my mind away from him being Harry Potter.

As for Horrible Bosses, Jennifer Aniston is HOT!As for the rest of the film, seems to be crawling along without really getting anywhere so far.

Which one of his sorry excuses for a film? I hate the guy, he annoys me and his acting grates and I have been unfortuate that he has actually starred in some good films. If we're talking Ghost Rider, please don't tell me that you saw it after I advised everyone not to earlier in this thread.

No I didn't see it and I won't see it, just curious if anyone was stupid enough to go and watch it :)

I'm not a huge fan of Tom Hanks... there I said it... I just don't like the characters that he plays these days, even if I can respect that he is a very talented actor.

He has had a string of bad films. The Ladykillers, I haven't seen Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons but they both got terrible reviews, Larry Crowne. That being said, he has been in some brilliant films, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Green Mile, Forrest Gump to name a few.

No I didn't see it and I won't see it, just curious if anyone was stupid enough to go and watch it :)

Good to hear that you take my advice and wisely avoided. :D Oh and that is proof that I do actually review films every now and again, even if it's to give them huge advice not to watch a particular film.

Back