• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I was disappointed with this.

Its basically a love story (and I do fancy Emily Blunt) but the billing as "Bourne meets Inception" totally sckewed my expectations of it. I was very disappointed

One thing that annoyed me was that the Adjustment Bureau team showed Matt Damon's character that they could flip physics by lifting up tiles etc so where the heck was any of that for the rest of the film? The most outlandish thing that seemed to happen was Matt Damon, himself, walking through different doors wearing a hat. I mean WTF?! That's stupid. That is him doing it because he has inherited powers whilst they just sit on their ass and do nothing. Plus the whole thing could have been avoided in the first place if they had stopped that bus! All that the guy who needed to stop him getting the bus needed to do was to create a diversion or stop the enging working before Matt Damon and the girl became seriously engrossed in conversation MD had already been talking to her elsewhere but it would have been the first step tto prising them apart, rather than let them get seriously close again and then think 'oh brick'. Stupid, stupid film!!

Efficient enough movie, and you are correct, she is very hot indeed. Still prefer the lady cop, who played the Mum in the first 5,000 Spy Kids movies

Now watching it, the blonde is Maggie Grace, was in the first 2 seasons of Lost. Very nice, though agreed Carla is hotter.

is that Killer Elite the brazillian armed police film? I liked it, but I still prefer City of GHod
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (2010) was much better than the original Elite Squad (2007) imo, although not quite on same level as the excellent City of GHod.

Is Bus 174 any good? Heard it's been compared to City of GHod
wouldn't compare it to City of GHod at all - but it is a very good watch
Agreed, it's another good Brazilian movie but very different.

Getting Hugo at the moment as it's available in HD.
Saw that up the cinema, thought Scorsese done a great job and even made the 3D worth paying a little extra for.

Just watched Adjustment Bureau - wish I hadnt. brick film. I fudgein hate open endings to a movie - although im sure the chairman = GHod.
I was disappointed with this.

Its basically a love story (and I do fancy Emily Blunt) but the billing as "Bourne meets Inception" totally sckewed my expectations of it. I was very disappointed

Agreed, the movie reminded me somewhat of the classic Dark City (which I recently re-watched the Director' Cut of on Blu-Ray) but was ultimately just a slushy romance with a sci-fi twist.

Source Code (which was also heralded as "this year's Inception") was better but again reminded me of another older sci-fi movie, Deja Vu (2006)

If I can advise people to not doing something then please, please, do not watch Ghost Rider! Why they ever did a reboot, fudge knows?! But the reboot, with Nic Cage still in the star role, is one of the worst films I've ever had the mispleasure of watching. I thought it was boring, with few laughs and when the jokes were made not one person laughed in the audience as the joke was so contrived. The story was poor, the acting not up to much and I don't like Nic Cage in most films anyway.

So why did I go see this turgid piece of poo? Well, I had been for a few drinks watching the Spurs game, decided to go cinema afterwards as cinema isn't that far away, got there and chose the film that was next to show.

Please, please avoid it.

Just watched Death Race - aaaaaaaahahahhahahhahahhahahhaha

But the hottie in his car - oh so hot - so so hot. fudgeIN HOT

I enjoyed The Grey.

It was a bit slow in places, but it was decent enough and the final scene was good.

Also enjoyed Red which has an all star cast including Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Hellen Mirren and Morgan Freeman.

Bolt has a blu-ray of Underworld Awakening

Transferred my Blockbusters to a new chain today, the reward... 14 consecutive days of free movies,1 movie per day, and tonight's movie is Drive.

Watched it myself last night. Have to admit that Joan Allen looked good in that, not bad for 50

Watched that film when it was in the cinema, came home and found out that my aunt had died... that was one brick day!! :( I'd seen her earlier in the day too.

I can't remember a lot about the film, enjoyed the premises but think it wasn't great. Who was the hottie in his car? And how does Jason Statham pull his magic with the women? He's had too many hotties in his time including the number 1 woman in the World, I think, Rosie Huntington Whiteley.

Back