• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

kickboxing is not enough of a concept for a film. I liked the fighting and running but the story was odd! sports and storys dont mix on screen

They did seem to force the fact that she is a MMA fighter and for a story like that 90 minutes isn't enough, the ending seemed very rushed.

Good popcorn flick I suppose, great cast.

They did seem to force the fact that she is a MMA fighter and for a story like that 90 minutes isn't enough, the ending seemed very rushed.

Good popcorn flick I suppose, great cast.

amazing cast! fassbender, ewan mcgregor... that said, im not sure EM has made a good film in a very long time. are there any good McGregor films? Life Less Ordinary maybe. Trainspotting.

amazing cast! fassbender, ewan mcgregor... that said, im not sure EM has made a good film in a very long time. are there any good McGregor films? Life Less Ordinary maybe. Trainspotting.

Good point on EM, the biggest films are the Star Wars Prequels and he was shocking in those. Shallow Grave and Brassed Off are both good films.

Watched "Kill the Irishman" the other night. Thought it was a good enjoyable film

Summary

"The true story of Danny Greene, an impoverished but charismatic young Irish-American who rises to power as president of longshoreman's local and is charged with corruption but evades serious jail time by becoming an FBI informant. With fearless nerve he joins forces with a Mafia gangster to rise to power in Cleveland's underworld, gaining the reputation of a Robin Hood figure and a man with nine lives as he escapes countless assassination attempts"

Big Fish was excellent IMO quality Pearl Jam end track to, the misses cried for about 20minutes at the end!

Hey, don't speak like that about Blood Sport :D

Ah for me this was THE best Van Dam film!

In other news, Mr Bay and Mr Speilberg are making ANOTHER Transformers film... couldn't resist giving that cash cow another squeeze of the teets!! Said they'll have a whole new cast and it'll be due for release 2014. I grew up Loving Transformers as a kid and the original 1986 Animated Movie was one of my favourite all time films (I watched it that much as a child I knew most of the dialogue off by heart... sad) and I admit I was exited when they first decided to make a Live action movie back in 2007. I enjoyed it, mainly for the WOW factor of seeing my childhood favourite characters come to life. The story was weak and the human characters were naff but I only cared for the Big robots, explosions and guns, etc. Then the 2nd one come out and it just didn't do it for me. The 3rd was better than the 2nd but hardly by much. So I fear the 4th will be utter dog toffee!! Can't see where they can go with it other than all the Transformers returning to their home planet and fighting there? They've blown up most of earth thanks to Micheal Bay!

Next Transformers will be a reboot. It's basically just an excuse for spending billions on CGI and explosions, then recoup said billions twice over through cinemas, DVDs and merch.

Best film I've seen so far this year has to be True Grit (Bridges not Wayne).

Very classily done in all departments and a jaw dropping performance from 14yr old Hailee Stienfeld.

Ps: Nice to see Big Fish and Pearl Jam get some lovin on this thread, too! :)

Best film I've seen so far this year has to be True Grit (Bridges not Wayne).

Very classily done in all departments and a jaw dropping performance from 14yr old Hailee Stienfeld.

Ps: Nice to see Big Fish and Pearl Jam get some lovin on this thread, too! :)

Pleasantly surprised at how good this was, after I'd tuned in to Bridges' accent!

Back