• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

On another note, i've only now just started watching the Bourne films.
I have seriously missed out. I would put them in the top 20 films of all time. Very intelligent.
I have two more to go, (If im counting the most recent one) and I genuinely dont want to watch them. Because then it's all over...

8.5/10 so far!

On another note, i've only now just started watching the Bourne films.
I have seriously missed out. I would put them in the top 20 films of all time. Very intelligent.
I have two more to go, (If im counting the most recent one) and I genuinely dont want to watch them. Because then it's all over...

8.5/10 so far!

Be good to yourself, just think of there being one Bourne film left and leave it at that. The latest film is to the Bourne saga what the latest Indiana Jones film was to that saga.

Be good to yourself, just think of there being one Bourne film left and leave it at that. The latest film is to the Bourne saga what the latest Indiana Jones film was to that saga.

It was another one of those 'was that it?' kind of films, it was okay had decent action but, nowhere near the genius and depth of the first three.

Cube (2007) - bunch of people wake up in a kind of real life 'puzzle' - hundreds of cube shaped rooms all interconnected, which they have to try and make it out of alive - before the traps or themselves get to them

pretty decent low budget horror (i guess)

6/10

This is a quality B movie. Seen it several times.

Cube (2007) - bunch of people wake up in a kind of real life 'puzzle' - hundreds of cube shaped rooms all interconnected, which they have to try and make it out of alive - before the traps or themselves get to them

pretty decent low budget horror (i guess)

6/10

Decent film, saw it again a few months back. Defintely worth a watch

Devil's Playground 0/10

Worst use of music in a movie EVER. Horrible acting, despite a couple of competent names. That just adds to the terrible directing and visuals. Script is a poor ripoff of every zombie movie or game ever made.

Dredd is fantastic if you are a fan of post-apocalyptian dystopia, JG Ballard's High Rise, Indonesian flick The Raid and (of course) 2000AD. And see it on the largest, most 3DC screen possible. VERY very very good...

Just got home from watching it (based on your recommendation Steff!). Best comic book movie of the year.

Just got home from watching it (based on your recommendation Steff!). Best comic book movie of the year.

It really is great.

Looks like its bombed though, which is a shame because sequels were going to be based on some of the really cool comic stories. Doubt they will happen.

This will become a massive cult hit and make brickloads on DVD/Blu Ray sales.

can someone suggest some good horrors and thrillers? preferably after the turn of the millenium....my GF has not culture , cant take anything before the early 90's

can someone suggest some good horrors and thrillers? preferably after the turn of the millenium....my GF has not culture , cant take anything before the early 90's

I really liked "The Others". "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose" freaked me out as hell, couldn't watch more than the first 25 minutes - in my defense, I was high as a kite when I saw it. ;)

foreign movies any good to you ?

Ils (Them), French - young couple get besieged by masked assailants at their country home, horror
Tell No One - French, thriller - can't remember the plot but it was very good - IMDB it

saw the american version of The Grudge recently which was fudging creepy

Eden Lake - low budget brit horror, young couple terrorized by chavs in the woods

Last edited:

Well...for sheer insanity, cliche, surprise and an incredible ability to laugh at itself through the gore and grizzle, Cabin In The Woods is pretty hard to beat. Sorta like slasher-meets-Chainsaw-meets-sci-fi insano if Tarantino had done it. Art? Not exactly. Entertainment? I think so...

There is an amazing French thriller which I've mentioned before

'With A Friend Like Harry' from 2000 (Dominick Moll did) and it's a brilliant thriller IMHO...

Back