• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Who knows what kind of agreements has been made. He might be allowed to leave at some point if he doesn't play enough or we bring in someone. Struggling to see him accepting a role as an impact sub.

Would assume he has also been told we're not bringing in another striker.. that would have been one of his key concerns..

Ade, Defoe and Kane it is then, at least till Jan when we will try and again fail to sign Leandro

Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Probably more likely.

Smacks of Levy keeping Defoe happy in the short term and protecting the value of his asset in the longer term...

Vintage Daniel

He will NEVER be a starter for us and will ALWAYS moan on the bench much like every single other time in the past. RAther let him go and be a starter for a club elsewhere while in turn making a few bob.

Who knows what kind of agreements has been made. He might be allowed to leave at some point if he doesn't play enough or we bring in someone. Struggling to see him accepting a role as an impact sub.

Everyone seems to think that he is surplus to requirements but maybe he is central to AVBs plans now?
For whatever reason, he HAS been our focal striker for most friendliest and both league games, and is on good form. Maybe the boss likes what he sees.

Everyone seems to think that he is surplus to requirements but maybe he is central to AVBs plans now?
For whatever reason, he HAS been our focal striker for most friendliest and both league games, and is on good form. Maybe the boss likes what he sees.

If AVB liked what he saw in the first two matches I would worry about this season.

Defoe new contract, did not see that coming.,.

Every time I see Spurs on Twitter and the words "We are delighted to announce...", I get about .8 seconds worth of butterflies in my stomach. Shame it was just about JD.

Didn't his previous one expire in 2015 as well? Makes me curious this one.

As far as I know, Defoe's last contract was until July 2014.

This new one adds a year to that and now covers the period until July 2015.

brilliant news about defoe's contract . good striker

If AVB liked what he saw in the first two matches I would worry about this season.

Indeed. A rather odd one, don't feel amazing about this, it's clear that he doesn't fit in to what we're doing and as a result we've ballsed up 2 games already.

Every time I see Spurs on Twitter and the words "We are delighted to announce...", I get about .8 seconds worth of butterflies in my stomach. Shame it was just about JD.

intertsing to see if AVB can improve his movement off the ball and link up play. Redknapp never managed to.

intertsing to see if AVB can improve his movement off the ball and link up play. Redknapp never managed to.

To be fair - Arry was +/- 20 years older, tough to move that 'figure' around

Defoe's 9 assists last season was a marked improvement over previous years....

P0032.png

...all told, Defoe had a vital goal contribution last season on average for every 87 minutes he was on the pitch for.

Yet there are those on here who still don't think he's good enough for Spurs.

Go figure!

He's good enough for a bench role, occasional start against crap opponents, but I find it hard to believe he will be happy with that.

I dont believe all this "he'll be gone in January then" talk. I'd imagine he'd have been told what sort of role he will play at the club by AVB. If he didn't like what he was told and wanted to leave, he wouldn't have signed a new contract (unless it was for a big wage increase which wouldn't be the case if we were planning on selling him).

I think he has a part to play, not in the starting XI perhaps, but AVB's system isn't going to work every game and different type of players would be needed to change things up if things are going wrong. I guess its a case for Defoe to decide whether he wants to play a part at a team challenging for a top 4 spot or be a starter at a mid table team.

I dont believe all this "he'll be gone in January then" talk. I'd imagine he'd have been told what sort of role he will play at the club by AVB. If he didn't like what he was told and wanted to leave, he wouldn't have signed a new contract (unless it was for a big wage increase which wouldn't be the case if we were planning on selling him).

I think he has a part to play, not in the starting XI perhaps, but AVB's system isn't going to work every game and different type of players would be needed to change things up if things are going wrong. I guess its a case for Defoe to decide whether he wants to play a part at a team challenging for a top 4 spot or be a starter at a mid table team.

Exactly

Back