• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

I was referring to your replies to Elltrev, which have not included anything constructive regarding Defoe. As for my posts, they tinkle all over yours.

Bwahahahaha

in volume for sure

I can read you know, I see what you post. What a schoolboy reaction, jesus son how old are you?

If it helps your wounded pride - I actually think that you are a reasonable poster, its just that you post so fudging much it now goes in one ear and out the other, if I can actually be bothered to read it at all.

Not because your posts are rubbish, but simply because you haven't grasped that often less is more. Look at Milos posts, post count and what he says. He talks far more sense and says far more about football than you and probably I, ever do.

Is your dingdong bigger than mine as well?

Ignoring the childish armchair expert jibe, for the simple reason I've never met anyone who is absolutely perfect and can't improve how they do things by making changes. Its called learning. Most people learn how to do their profession better as they get older, often adjusting to changes in their abilities. I see no reason why the same shouldn't apply to Defoe.

I actually said I don't know the answers but that its an interesting topic for discussion. If I didn't find the discussion interesting I'd ignore it and leave it for those interested. Surely that concept is not so difficult to grasp either.

Do you play in the premier league? Or just watch it like all the rest of us? It was an inclusive comment, not an insult.

However, if you think that you could teach Defoe to be something he's not - then I'd say you were probably the person who needs to do some learning.

Defoe just needs to learn to shoot on sight. Always been far too reluctant to pull the trigger, always trying to walk the thing into the net.

Do you play in the premier league? Or just watch it like all the rest of us? It was an inclusive comment, not an insult.

However, if you think that you could teach Defoe to be something he's not - then I'd say you were probably the person who needs to do some learning.

What relevance does what I do have? I have not said I can teach Defoe anything, so why would you assume I thought I could teach him something. Its hardly likely that he will be reading anything I post here.

What I am saying is that I think it reasonable to assume that Defoe is capable of learning, like most people*, and that someone might be able to teach him something. Although I would have thought it obvious without being explicitly stated, the people who would be teaching him new things would be the football coaches. We have just brought in a new coaching team so we might as well consider the possibility that they will do some coaching. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Meanwhile, its reasonable for posters on football forums to speculate about what the coaches might suggest to Defoe in an effort to improve his game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I'll admit that there are a few people who are reluctant to learn. They just keep making the same mistakes and blaming everyone else.

Defoe just needs to learn to shoot on sight. Always been far too reluctant to pull the trigger, always trying to walk the thing into the net.

he needs more empathy. so that he can understand how to run correctly for midfielders to feed him. unfortunately i don't think this is something you can train very much.

Bwahahahaha

in volume for sure

I can read you know, I see what you post. What a schoolboy reaction, jesus son how old are you?

If it helps your wounded pride - I actually think that you are a reasonable poster, its just that you post so fudging much it now goes in one ear and out the other, if I can actually be bothered to read it at all.

Not because your posts are rubbish, but simply because you haven't grasped that often less is more. Look at Milos posts, post count and what he says. He talks far more sense and says far more about football than you and probably I, ever do.

Is your dingdong bigger than mine as well?

They do in content as well. Apart from providing info to people, I actually manage to engage in conversations and discussions without being patronising (ever looked in a mirror?) or resorting to thinly veiled insults. Stick to your jokes.

They do in content as well. Apart from providing info to people, I actually manage to engage in conversations and discussions without being patronising (ever looked in a mirror?) or resorting to thinly veiled insults. Stick to your jokes.

I can't deal with a level of arrogance that high, you win

7000 posts since the last crash and you believe them to be all gems

Beats any joke I ever posted

What relevance does what I do have? I have not said I can teach Defoe anything, so why would you assume I thought I could teach him something. Its hardly likely that he will be reading anything I post here.

What I am saying is that I think it reasonable to assume that Defoe is capable of learning, like most people*, and that someone might be able to teach him something. Although I would have thought it obvious without being explicitly stated, the people who would be teaching him new things would be the football coaches. We have just brought in a new coaching team so we might as well consider the possibility that they will do some coaching. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Meanwhile, its reasonable for posters on football forums to speculate about what the coaches might suggest to Defoe in an effort to improve his game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I'll admit that there are a few people who are reluctant to learn. They just keep making the same mistakes and blaming everyone else.

Because anyone who watches the game, without a track record of success in it - and posts opinions in a public forum, becomes an armchair expert by default.

Its my belief that you could train and teach Defoe to attempt to any number of things on a football field, and that all you will achieve is diluting what he does best down and make him less of a footballer than he is.

I don't think he is Greaves/Muller and Lineker all rolled into one, I just think he is what he is, and as for his capacity to learn? I don't think he's a particularly bright lad, I suspect he's an instinctive footballer who achieves what he does with little thought, rather than someone who can be drilled by rote, or betray his instincts to alter the course of his game

Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Official Site - last with the latest

Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Defoe's just signed a new three year deal with Spurs according to SSN

and according to Defoe himself on Twitter ...

Jermain Defoe ‏@IAmJermainDefoe
Fantastic week signed my new contract at spurs & meeting up with England on Monday for 2 important games #goalsgoalsgoals

Re: Jermain Defoe

Maybe people will be less adamant that he will be sold every time the transfer window come around now.

Re: Jermain Defoe

Who knows what kind of agreements has been made. He might be allowed to leave at some point if he doesn't play enough or we bring in someone. Struggling to see him accepting a role as an impact sub.

Back