• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

He won't leave London and Jol doesn't rate him - so QPR, Reading or Southampton.

Jol rates him. Keane built up a good partnership with Berbatov and Jol recognised this. If Berba hadnt been at the club im sure Defoe would have been first choice under Jol like all other times at the club.

But Defoe and Jol had a really good relationship. My friend has a box at the club so I was able to see a few things first hand back in those days and people use to ask Jol about our strikers, he genuinely thought they were all fantastic and Defoe was unfortunate not to play more.

I am of course as most of you know a big Defoe fan but I am convinced for the sake of his career he has to move on. And when he comes back to the Lane to play against us I for one will be giving him a standing ovation

Defoe has a place in our squad easily, but with his ability at his age he might want to start more. He would start more if we played with 2 strikers up front.

It is irrelevant whether he has a place in our squad, the fact is he needs to somewhere where he can enjoy the rest of his career. It is not like if we made CL football and he stayed he would have any chance of starting a CL league match unless it was a dead rubber

Well I wouldnt say he will have a new team, that would mean we would repace our first 11, but with a possible change or two I can see why people may think it would be a new team.

West Ham if they get promoted

I was thinking that too... bit of a 'Teddy/Jurgen'-esque hero's return!

If they DON'T get up, then he'll probably follow Harry to HIS next club!!! (jus' sayin')

and failing THAT, then somewhere like Villa or QPR

Defoe is a dying bread of striker at the moment. He is in the mould of Lineker and owen before him. With more teams playing false 9's the ephasis these days is on players being able to do more with the ball that just hit the target. With lots of teams becoming more defensive in set up the strikers need to be able to hold the ball up or have some workrate or skill to retain possesion or hassle the opposition. You just done see many strikers now that have just one major skill.

I JD, but he needs to play in a 4-4-2 which is a formation out of vogue at the moment. He will always get goals, no matter where he plays. But when he plays against the top teams he just gets shut out.

Defoe will also be in his 30s shortly, so really we need to sell now or we'll have no return on him. That type of player doesn't really have a long shelf life, unlike more skillful or powerful players. Both Lineker and Owen didn't have much of a career past 30 when their acceleration started to wane like Defoe's is doing.

Back