• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

@Naija..na man, you should have put a clapping smiley..for the insanely huge amount or 'sense' i posted there even though i offered nothing constructive to the thread aside from sarcasm and personal criticism of the OP (both of which are wrong btw)

LOL. (dont worry, just trying to prove a point to someone)

It's not really that he's not good enough (even though he's not), it's that he's only really suited to one system, and it's a system we can't play at this moment.

yes lets try and make a thread slaughtering our own players that have come on without much match practice in the middle of an entire TEAM playing poorly in a system that dont suit him

if we started freidel up front we would have scored ten goals today

Just trying to point out that he isn't the hero that some Spurs fans make him out to be.

Just trying to point out that he isn't the hero that some Spurs fans make him out to be.

hmmm, you didnt actually taje the bait did ya? you're as patient a man as i thought you were

i have to apologise, i didnt mean to be an ass . i just find it wierd the irony of me starting a thread looking for something extra...then getting slated for doing it and you clapping. left a sour taste

sorry about the post, you have a right to your opinions without idiots like me coming through sarcastically instigating stuff.

i dont really agree with it but it just an opinion also sir

I don't think many think that to be fair. If you asked most Spurs fans what their first choice team would be I'd hazard a guess and say most would say Ade/VDV up top.

It's like people just forget his atrocious record against good teams when they scream for the manager to bring him on when were playing United/Arsenal/Chelsea.

More fool our management for not buying a central striker that can play on his own. That where the problem is, not with Defoe

I agree with this. I don't blame Defoe for being brick. I blame whoever it was thought it would be a good idea to buy him (especially as we already knew exactly how limited he was).

Did not play well today, but nor did anyone else , he was no worse than anyone else, we have not done any better better whne he has not played, in fact we have done worse.

What Defoe needs is a manager to believe in him.

Did not play well today, but nor did anyone else , he was no worse than anyone else, we have not done any better better whne he has not played, in fact we have done worse.

What Defoe needs is a manager to believe in him.

How about a geezer who has bought him about 4 times? The guy is an utter mediocrity. No intelligence in his running, average in front of goal... give him a load of time to turn and shoot and he sometimes scores. Sadly opposition sussed this out about 10 years ago!

More fool our management for not buying a central striker that can play on his own. That where the problem is, not with Defoe

This, he is not a lone striker and all we did all day was hit long, high balls for him to get onto. Redknapp really is clueless.

How about a geezer who has bought him about 4 times? The guy is an utter mediocrity. No intelligence in his running, average in front of goal... give him a load of time to turn and shoot and he sometimes scores. Sadly opposition sussed this out about 10 years ago!

I don't like to slag off individual players in threads like this but there were a couple of occasions in yesterday's game, where there were a chance of a breakaway and he turned his back on the player with the ball and just ran into the same channel that another team mate was in, thus lessening the options of the player with the ball... Headless ...

I knew would get slated when I was at the game. Unfortunately, he had to drop off into midfield to actually get the ball. He made a lot of off-the-ball runs along their defensive line today which were never picked out by the midfield.

I've said it over and over again - but he cannot play up top on his own. He is a very limited footballer, but when you allow him to play within his comfort zone (4-4-2 next to a strong hold up man) he will get you plenty of goals. The on thing that Defoe does not lack is heart, and I appreciate that.

What utter tosh
It's not unfortunately (IMO) - I can't believe how mis-managed he's been this season when against the likes of Wolves away early in the season him and Adebayor looked so potent. That's not to say that he should start every game, but he should have played a lot more than he has done this season.

Defoe - What will his new team be next season ?

Obvious long before today that he will be got shot of come the summer. Where will he end up. Im thinking eithet Stoke for the predictable Crouch link up or mayby QPR as he loves the London limelight. I doubt ge will get a kick next week whatever the scoreline so I reckon he has kicked his last ball for Spurs.

I wouldn't be so sure that he's gone, this time next Sunday he's the only striker we have on our books.

Obvious long before today that he will be got shot of come the summer. Where will he end up. Im thinking eithet Stoke for the predictable Crouch link up or mayby QPR as he loves the London limelight. I doubt ge will get a kick next week whatever the scoreline so I reckon he has kicked his last ball for Spurs.

Im hardly a defoe fan but after how he linked up with ade in the first few games of the season he can feel he has been very poorly treated this season. The lad has goals in him and frankly i now belive it must be a personal thing on redknapps part as to the reason why defoe has not been in the team a lot more often.

Back