• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

I don't know why redknapp isn't playing him.He can get a goal out of nothing.It's obvious redknapp doesn't care if we make the cl or not

QPR if they stay up

maybe even Fulham, however not sure how Jol feels about Defoe these days

QPR. Wont be sad to see him go - wait another 12 months and he'll be too old to get a proper price for. He's not going to be good enough to make our starting 11 unless we drop down the league...he's a decent squad player but would take ?ú8m and re-invest it elsewhere

Im hardly a defoe fan but after how he linked up with ade in the first few games of the season he can feel he has been very poorly treated this season. The lad has goals in him and frankly i now belive it must be a personal thing on redknapps part as to the reason why defoe has not been in the team a lot more often.

That's great but he can only play in a 2 man upfront partnership. He doesn't fit our default formation. Every time we bring him on we have to change formation.

If we get Champions League football next season can you really see him leaving?

If we get europa then i can.

If Ade/VDV are still here, +we take up Saha option (no cost to us but wages), he probably moves on.

If Ade leaves, then he has a lot more chance, JD's problem is even as he has improved at Spurs, someone else is always a little bit better. He has spent his time in the shadow of Keane/Berbs/VDV/Ade.

In a Fulham type club (mid table), where he plays every game, he will put away a fair amount, and we will have the usual "oh, why did we sell him" crowd.

Im hardly a defoe fan but after how he linked up with ade in the first few games of the season he can feel he has been very poorly treated this season. The lad has goals in him and frankly i now belive it must be a personal thing on redknapps part as to the reason why defoe has not been in the team a lot more often.

Have to agree with this, he has 16 goals this season with not a lot of playing time compered to others.

If Ade/VDV are still here, +we take up Saha option (no cost to us but wages), he probably moves on.

If Ade leaves, then he has a lot more chance, JD's problem is even as he has improved at Spurs, someone else is always a little bit better. He has spent his time in the shadow of Keane/Berbs/VDV/Ade.

In a Fulham type club (mid table), where he plays every game, he will put away a fair amount, and we will have the usual "oh, why did we sell him" crowd.

If we keep Saha for next season I will eat my own dingdong

If we keep Saha for next season I will eat my own dingdong

Yeah i would be proper tinkled off if we give saha another contract.

VDV has been shoe horned into the team on more then one ocassion, the are times when we would have done better with 2 upfront rather then have the talented but wandering vdv, at these times we should have had defoe in there.

When we could not brake down villa today having defoe there for knock downs and scraps round the penalty box is what is needed, not pretty but i have seen arsenal, man u, liverpool and chelsea over the yearss get so many late and match winning goals from these types of sitautions. It is not pretty but it is what is needed.

I think it's pretty clear that we need a change up top. A pretty drastic one. I know people keep talking pie in the sky with certain players. Even if we finish 3rd we aren't getting most of the names mentioned!

But for me it's going to be VDV plus three others. I think Harry would keep Defoe if Defoe wanted to stay, but he will want out for sure.

Personally I'd make a move for Yakabu as at least one of our options next season and I wouldn't be shocked if we make a move for him. I also wouldn't be shocked if we were in for Berbatov.....

I think it's pretty clear that we need a change up top. A pretty drastic one. I know people keep talking pie in the sky with certain players. Even if we finish 3rd we aren't getting most of the names mentioned!

But for me it's going to be VDV plus three others. I think Harry would keep Defoe if Defoe wanted to stay, but he will want out for sure.

Personally I'd make a move for Yakabu as at least one of our options next season and I wouldn't be shocked if we make a move for him. I also wouldn't be shocked if we were in for Berbatov.....

Would like to see a hard working tough to play against striker come in, someone like a holt, lambert or long. Not saying they would be amongst my first choice pairing but if we had a manager who was prepared to play different players depending on the type of oppossition then a player like this would become a good option.

For me Huntlear a year left on his contract so not to expensive, ollic on a free and a good hard working striker and another croatian and then personally i would go for shane long.

Defoe has a place in our squad easily, but with his ability at his age he might want to start more. He would start more if we played with 2 strikers up front.

If VDV leaves I think Defoe would stay. If Defoe does leave, Liverpool were in for him before and might look again. If not Villa, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine (if Ba leaves) might all take a look.

It would leave us with a massive problem though. Where are we going to find a reserve striker who can get 16 goals.

Back