• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Betting Thread ***

Very rarely bet on a team to win in the championship;last night the exception with Brum but i fancied them to outscore Burnley & got lucky.

There are usually a lot of goals in that league & over 2.5 is the way to go,just pick the right games,unlike me :lol:

If you're betting singles,you obviously need to go large for any decent profit. I can't be arsed with that tbh

Whats happened to all the ?ú80 and ?ú100 bets ???

?ú15 treble is small beer really compared to the bets last week

I'm weird when it comes to betting...well maybe superstitious is the right word. I bet big sums ( usually ?ú100) on single bets and end up winning. I continue in the manner until i lose. The minute i lose i bet small amounts on accumalators to get in my stride again and get my form back (yeh don't ask). I'll hopefully win a few of those small bets and my confidence will be back to bet big again.

rather sad tbh but meh.

There's a guy who comes in my shop every day and stakes ?ú2-3 on various markets. All heavy odds on but combines his bets to get a return of evens or just over. For example 1/6 1/7 1/4 1/4. He lays out about ?ú100 and collects ?ú120-?ú140 most weekends. Personally, I couldn't bet like that but he enjoys it and fair play.

He bets on the most obscure leagues from Finland to UFC wrestling.

Actually something else he does is picks about 10 matches over 0.5 goals in the match. Usually comes to about 7/4 or thereabouts which, considering you only need 1 goal in every match, is not bad at all.

Another good bet is double chance. Or draw no bet.

There's a guy who comes in my shop every day and stakes ?ú2-3 on various markets. All heavy odds on but combines his bets to get a return of evens or just over. For example 1/6 1/7 1/4 1/4. He lays out about ?ú100 and collects ?ú120-?ú140 most weekends. Personally, I couldn't bet like that but he enjoys it and fair play.

He bets on the most obscure leagues from Finland to UFC wrestling.
If it works for him then fair play as you said. I think I've learnt my lesson for tonight - only bet on matches upon which you've done enough research to be 100% in your bet (this includes H+A form, value, injuries, suspensions etc), rather than just looking at the form.

With regards to UFC - I have a few mates that are well into it and I've been looking at past records, watching videos etc on it recently so hope to start betting on it when the next event commences.

If it works for him then fair play as you said. I think I've learnt my lesson for tonight - only bet on matches upon which you've done enough research to be 100% in your bet (this includes H+A form, value, injuries, suspensions etc), rather than just looking at the form.

With regards to UFC - I have a few mates that are well into it and I've been looking at past records, watching videos etc on it recently so hope to start betting on it when the next event commences.

It pays to follow injuries etc especially the lower leagues. For example I put ?ú25 on Swindon at odds of 4/1 when they were 3rd behind Crawley and Southend but had just signed Paul Benson. I knew his goal scoring ability from his previous career and knew he'd hit it off. There's not much I don't know about leagues one and two players/teams (although I don't say that much on here cos ppl don't like to hear it!!) but apart from helping me in my job to know all the players I win a few quid also.

Yeah havesummmdat!!!!! I couldn't have been more relieved when that goal went in.

Thought it was never going to come.

I very nearly got on over 6.5 in the Madrid game @ 12/1 at half time. Should have :lol: I was sure Mourinho was going to take Ronaldo off so didn't bother,glad he didn't

Both teams to score in the Madrid match was 7/4!! Thought about getting on it at 800 this morning. You stare at all the prices all day long, jotting down bets looking for value then don't put any fudging bets on!!! Happens to me all the time.

Apoel to score 2 or more tonight was 7/1 with hills!

It pays to follow injuries etc especially the lower leagues. For example I put ?ú25 on Swindon at odds of 4/1 when they were 3rd behind Crawley and Southend but had just signed Paul Benson. I knew his goal scoring ability from his previous career and knew he'd hit it off. There's not much I don't know about leagues one and two players/teams (although I don't say that much on here cos ppl don't like to hear it!!) but apart from helping me in my job to know all the players I win a few quid also.
Fair enough mate, you probably know more than me so I'll hold you to it! It definitely makes a difference though - although you do have some anomalies. E.G. at the weekend Bologna were playing Palermo at home. Bare in mind that Palermo have the worst away record in Europe - and Bologna had got most of their wins at home. Palermo's best striker (Miccoli) was out of the match so I thought surely Bologna will get a win - most likely by a low scoreline? No, Palermo smashed them 3-1. Their first away win of the season.

You can't win them all :(

I know I read your reaction to that match earlier in the thread :)

I don't know if I know more than you or not but I am a bit of a sad case. I read super goals every Monday and read every single word in the entire pullout!! How sad and can't believe I've revealed that!!

I make a note of any little detail that is reported that I think might help me in the future ie player x hit his 15th goal of the season or team y are now undefeated in 10 games etc..

Buy the racing post on a Friday (or nick it from your local shop as my punters do!) it has a great last 5 form guide in it. Ive got a folder with all 92 teams and their form which I update every match they play.

Eg Arsenal WWDLWDDWL
Aston Villa LDLLWLL

I look for particular patterns and so on.

I know I read your reaction to that match earlier in the thread :)

I don't know if I know more than you or not but I am a bit of a sad case. I read super goals every Monday and read every single word in the entire pullout!! How sad and can't believe I've revealed that!!

I make a note of any little detail that is reported that I think might help me in the future ie player x hit his 15th goal of the season or team y are now undefeated in 10 games etc..

Buy the racing post on a Friday (or nick it from your local shop as my punters do!) it has a great last 5 form guide in it. Ive got a folder with all 92 teams and their form which I update every match they play.

Eg Arsenal WWDLWDDWL
Aston Villa LDLLWLL

I look for particular patterns and so on.
Right, one question I want to ask is regarding home and away form. What is the most important stat - goals conceded by the home team or goals scored by the away team?

I see some teams that concede at least one away but always seem to score as well, then you have a home side that don't really score very often but also have a tight defence. Was just thinking with regards to over/under bets etc.

Right, one question I want to ask is regarding home and away form. What is the most important stat - goals conceded by the home team or goals scored by the away team?

I see some teams that concede at least one away but always seem to score as well, then you have a home side that don't really score very often but also have a tight defence. Was just thinking with regards to over/under bets etc.

For both teams to score betting it's worth keeping an eye out but personally I wouldn't say either stat is more important as such than the other. If you notice that a certain team score but also concede regularly then I'd put a yes on the both teams to score coupon.

Back