• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Betting Thread ***

The Masters e/w:

?ú5 - Luke Donald @ 14/1
?ú5 - Hunter Mahan @ 30/1
?ú5 - Keegan Bradley @ 33/1
?ú2 - Bubba Watson @ 45/1
?ú2 - Webb Simpson @ 60/1
?ú1 - Bo Van Pelt @ 80/1
?ú1 - Rickie Fowler @ 100/1

A mixture of Paddy Power and StanJames as both are paying six places. If you fancy the top two in the marker, Woods or McIlroy, StanJames have said they will be the best price on the market from now until the off.

Did you put the bet(s) on?

I try to avoid stuff like that, as I haven't got a clue whether either side get a lot of corners. I guess you could go by shots on goal but I'm not sure. I like to bet on things that I've researched about, thus upping my chances of winning and at least having a justification for if I lost.

No mate. I didn't watch the majority of the match so not sure if it came in either. Just seemed like ridiculous odds to me.

May have a punt on Torres to score 2 or more goals tonight if he starts the game. 8/1

Just spent the last half an hour or so scouring the European matches tonight, tried to find the best value for my bets tonight etc and this is what i came up with:

FK Radnicki 1923 v Red Star Belgrade
Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11 - ?ú10

Double:

Metalac Gornji Milanovac v FK Borac
Draw @ 2/1

FK Hajduk Kula v Rad Belgrade
Rad Belgrade @ 21/10

?ú1 pays ?ú9.30

Treble:

Asteras Tripolis v Atromitos
Under 2.5 Goals @ 2/5

Metalac Gornji Milanovac v FK Borac
Under 2.5 Goals @ 2/5

OFK Belgrade v Habitpharm Javor
Under 2.5 Goals @ 2/5

?ú5 pays ?ú13.72

fudging hell mate I'll bet on anything but even I wouldn't touch any of those games - good luck!

There is nothing of any value at all tonight Even Madrid -2 in 8/15

My golf picks :special:

?ú5 e/w

Luke Donald 13/1
Keegan Bradley 30/1
Jason Day 35/1

Mickelson top 10
?ú16 @ 2.06

against my better judgment...

Madrid to score 2 or more first half goals
Benfica to score 2 or more

?ú20 pays ?ú150

fudging hell mate I'll bet on anything but even I wouldn't touch any of those games - good luck!
haha, the theory is that if I put in the appropriate amount of research and strategise my betting then I'll get the returns - but tonight has been disgusting in terms of upsetting the form guide!

Red Star had an average of 3.6 total goals in their last 5 away games - and the game ended 0-0, for example.

Oh well you're always gonna have bad days - I just need to keep on putting the research in and hopefully it will pay off after a while. Or maybe lay off the midweek Serbian football? http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/images/smilies/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

Hopefully Benfica and Chelsea each score to get some success from tonight!

haha, the theory is that if I put in the appropriate amount of research and strategise my betting then I'll get the returns - but tonight has been disgusting in terms of upsetting the form guide!

Red Star had an average of 3.6 total goals in their last 5 away games - and the game ended 0-0, for example.

Oh well you're always gonna have bad days - I just need to keep on putting the research in and hopefully it will pay off after a while. Or maybe lay off the midweek Serbian football? http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/images/smilies/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

Hopefully Benfica and Chelsea each score to get some success from tonight!

You put a lot of effort in for a potential ?ú9 return on one of those bets, hardly going to make you millions matey but fair play...

Chelsea v Benfica Both teams to score
Ronaldo 2 or more

?ú18.75 pays ?ú72.26

Higuain Anytime
Torres 2 or more

?ú10 pays ?ú80

no idea why i've done these, no value in the Madrid match.

Chelsea v Benfica

Over 4.5
?ú10 @ 6.6

Mata any time
?ú10 @ 3.9

Mata 2 or more
?ú5 @ 16/1

Cardozo any time
?ú10 @ 3.5

Cardozo 2 or more
?ú5 @ 15/1

You put a lot of effort in for a potential ?ú9 return on one of those bets, hardly going to make you millions matey but fair play...
I do enjoy doing the research, tbf - I used it as a break from doing some project work earlier. Anyway, with the remaining scraps in my PP account I've gone for another ambitious double:

Internacional RS v Santos
Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6

Emelec v Flamengo
Flamengo @ 11/10

?ú2 returns ?ú8

Want to break even for tonight, lol.

James - I see what you're saying fella & leaving these brick leagues alone is probably a wise call.
It probably is mate - I might just stick to UCL, EL, English leagues, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Having said that I've just put a bet on the Copa Libertadores matches for tonight, d'oh!

Grand National bets e/w:

Chicago Grey @ 14/1 - Won well at Cheltenam last year over 4 miles, and Gordon Elliot the trainer has won the race before. The only thing against it is that it's colour (haha!) It's grey and only a few grey's have won the race.

Organisedconfusion @ 25/1 - Last year's Irish National winner, and it's been confirmed in the last hour or so that it will miss this years Irish National and go to Aintree for the Grand National instead. I think that could see it's price become shorter from now and next weekend. There are two negatives I can see, and they are that it's a 7 year old, and a 7 year old hasn't won since 1940. Secondly, Nina Carberry looks like she will be the jockey and a female has never won the race. But she did win the Irish National on it.

That's the only two I will be betting until the day, as I think their prices could be shorter on the day.

Back