• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Along with Shelvey from the scouse. Anyone see Caulkers goal?

wow england starting line up tonight. frickin james milner in the team. how the hell does this continue to happen.

team Hart, johnson, baines, lescott, terry, gerrard, lampard, milner, oxlade chamerblain, defoe, cleverley

That's a harsh penalty. Lampard is probably the one player who is guaranteed to score a penalty.

I used to go out to the pub and watch all the England games, friendlies included, with my mates. Sven and his thirty subs a game ruined the friendly experience for me and the last few tournaments worth of dislikable toerags failing again and again (I'm looking at you lumpard, terry, Gerard etc) just extinguished any remaining passion for the national game to the extent I didn't even realise England played on Friday until I read the reports the following day.

Last edited:
Havent had any interest in England since it became clear the FA didnt give a toss about how they played and instead just cared about branding, merchandising and sponsorship.

The team has been shocking for over a decade

Havent had any interest in England since it became clear the FA didnt give a toss about how they played and instead just cared about branding, merchandising and sponsorship.

The team has been shocking for over a decade

I would hardly call England "shocking" - they've only lost one of their last 18 football matches in a run going back to February 2011.

But although FIFA's statistics indicate England are third in the current rankings, I can think of several teams who are probably better than us now.

The management of the team, the lack of team building, the squads picked and the tournament performances have all been shocking - regardless of statistics.

England have been underperforming for years, and will continue to do so

JAKE CALLED INTO ENGLAND SQUAD

Jake Livermore has been called into the England squad for Tuesday night's World Cup qualifier against Ukraine at Wembley.

The midfielder is one of three players added to the original squad alongside Southampton's Adam Lallana and Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling.

Jake earned his first cap at any level when he came on as a second half substitute in England's 2-1 friendly win against Italy last month.

Anyone else got a real lack of interest in the England team?

Silly me to think this England manager would have the balls to drop the old boys Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. Sadly they will be in the England team until THEY choose not to be and retire.

I can't root for any team with John Terry in it

Anyone else got a real lack of interest in the England team?

Silly me to think this England manager would have the balls to drop the old boys Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. Sadly they will be in the England team until THEY choose not to be and retire.

I can't root for any team with John Terry in it

And soon Jack Wheelchair will take up the mantle of massive ****/permanent fixture in the England team... if he ever gets over his 'injury' that is!

Anyone else find it laughable that players like Walcott, Chamberlain and Sterling are ahead of Lennon in the England pecking order? Surely Lennon would bring something different? Not that I'm complaining about nice injury-free couple weeks of rest now and again..

Can't believe Sterling was picked! Don't get me wrong he looks a real talent but hes played what like 4 competitive senior games for Liverpool? Shocking he would get picked ahead of Lennon and Dyer

Back