• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

I notice Koscielny is out of the France squad too this week because of 'injury'... You GOTTA hand it to some of the 'BIG clubs', when they don't want their players to play meaningless friendlies, they DON'T play. SIMPLE!

Walker is probably the only one likely to play in my opinion. He usually goes full in and has had problems with his ankle so I hope that doesn't effect him. We'll most likely see a cameo of perhaps two other Spurs players when the subs happen, lets just hope nothing bad happens to them and de Rossi or someone doesn't decide to be a dirty little brick.

Ukraine squad (v England, 11 September, at Wembley):

Goalkeepers: Andriy Dykan (Spartak Moscow), Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar Donetsk).

Defenders: Maxym Koval (Dynamo Kiev), Vyacheslav Shevchuk, Olexandr Kucher, Yaroslav Rakytskiy (Shakhtar Donetsk), Taras Mykhalyk, Yevhen Khacheridi (both Dynamo Kiev), Vitaliy Mandzyuk (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Bohdan Butko (FC Illichivets Mariupol), Yevhen Selin (Vorskla Poltava).

Midfielders: Oleg Gusev, Denis Garmash, Andriy Yarmolenko (all Dynamo Kiev), Yevhen Konoplianka, Ruslan Rotan (both Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Sergiy Nazarenko (SC Tavriya Simferopol), Taras Stepanenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Anatoliy Tymoschuk (FC Bayern Munich).

Forwards: Roman Zozulya (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Roman Bezus (Vorskla Poltava), Marco Devic (Shakhtar Donetsk).

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Emirates Marketing Project), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Sunderland), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

You see England have signed a new kit deal with Nike after 60 years with Umbro!?

(Apologies if we knew this was happening about 20 pages back?)

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Emirates Marketing Project), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Sunderland), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Looking at that squad you really have to pinch yorself to believe that it's the World's third best team.

There are just so many mediocre players in there.

Looking at that squad you really have to pinch yorself to believe that it's the World's third best team.
There are just so many mediocre players in there.

Which is a joke in itself!

of the top of my head, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Italy, Spain, Germany, Porutgal and Holland are all, for sure, not even debatable, better than us. I've not even included the likes of France who would probably beat us 5 times out of 10 with a couple of draws thrown in! We're top 10 at a push and a fair wind !

You see England have signed a new kit deal with Nike after 60 years with Umbro!?

(Apologies if we knew this was happening about 20 pages back?)

Nike announced they were selling Umbro earlier in the year so this was always likely. Before announcing the sale they had already released the date when Emirates Marketing Project would be changing over.

I don't understand, Umbro kits will still exist yeah?.. not all Umbro sponsored teams will be changing to Nike will they? Or are we just seeing them try and keep the most popular ones?

I don't understand, Umbro kits will still exist yeah?.. not all Umbro sponsored teams will be changing to Nike will they? Or are we just seeing them try and keep the most popular ones?

So with the miserable start to the spurs season out of the way for a week or so at least we have the miserable england team to look forward to. looking back on the euros roy did a reasonable job and england although not great, weren't a disgrace like they were in South Africa. This is Hodgsons first opportunity to build the squad he wants to qualify for the WC which is a must. i dont actually think the group is that easy with poland and ukraine in it, but england should be looking to finish top. the problem we have is a complete lack of decent talent coming through.

anyone decent that is coming through such as rodwell, caulker etc are not getting games at their clubs. hodgson rather worrying is talking about playing lampard and gerrard together despite both being clearly past their best and even when they were at their best they couldnt perform then. so where this leaves england i dont know but a decent start would be an away win in moldova i suppose.

Nike announced they were selling Umbro earlier in the year so this was always likely. Before announcing the sale they had already released the date when Emirates Marketing Project would be changing over.

eh, Nike own Umbro? really?

edit - never knew they bought Umbro in 2007, and have now sold them.

Last edited:
Back