• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

I think people are being a tad bit harsh on Livermore, Ok he did not set the prem on fire last season but when he did play he grafted.

I think there a lot more to come from Livermore, he's certainly worth a place on the bench and a starting place if Parker and Sandro are unavailable. I have no worries if he comes on at sub for either of them.
We'll get another season out of Parker, beyond that Jake will be his replacement, I expect him to be good enough by then.
For England he's worth a place, they are looking for a Parker replacement too, he's seen as the natural choice as that's where we're steering him.
Very happy about the direction this England squad is going, just needs the Hudd to replace Carrick.

Lennon doesn't get a look in because of the low number of assists, that's not his fault as he creates as many chances as any player player in the England side, it's just we can't find a striker to convert them.

Lennon doesn't get a look in because of the low number of assists, that's not his fault as he creates as many chances as any player player in the England side, it's just we can't find a striker to convert them.

I don't think his lack of assists is the reason!?!! Everyone knows what he brings to the table should be a shoe in in the current squad.

If you're counting from the same time, probably. If not, then I'd say King and Crouch? Campbell and Crouch? Campbell and King?

Joe Hart and Daniel Sturridge withdraw from England squad for friendly v Italy with back and toe injuries respectively.

I dunno ... Stewart 0 goals 0 assists Downing went to the Euros afterall :)

Shocker Oxlade Chamberlain pulls out injured..

Looking at how thin the squad is, we could have Walker, Lennon, Defoe and Caulker all playing 90 mins..

I was talking with one of my Gooner mates towards the end of the season and he actually rates Livermore above Parker. At first, I tinkled myself laughing when he said so, but the more he gave his reasons the more I began to understand his point (even if I don't fully agree with him).

When Livermore first started getting picked, I didn't rate him, I thought he was just another Jamie O'Hara/Dean Marney/Stephen Clemence youth team player who would play for a season or two before getting sold on to a team with ambitions only to stay in the Premier League. But as the season went on, he really improved and I was actually quite impressed. My Gooner mate talked about the 5-2 last season and I remembered how bad Parker was in that game when he had no time and space on the ball. Livermore doesn't have Parker's aggression but I would say he is more composed on the ball than Parker and is better at keeping possession. In the second half of the season Everton beat City, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, as well as scoring 4 at Old Trafford to cost Man Utd the title. They also beat us when we had Parker in the side and we played dreadfully at Goodison, but when we had Livermore in the side at WHL they hardly got the ball in our half, such was the magnitude of his performance.

For me, I'd still have Sandro ahead of him while Parker is injured, but I think Livermore has a big role to play this season too.

Another shock: The Football Association has confirmed Theo Walcott has pulled out of the England squad to face Italy due to a bruised thigh.

Another shock: The Football Association has confirmed Theo Walcott has pulled out of the England squad to face Italy due to a bruised thigh.

I hope there is an uproar in the media al a Bale not going to the olympics if he plays on the opening day..

Can't see it happening though.

Back