• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I like the idea, but Id rather he took them to their rightful place of mid table mediocrity first. Give him a few more years at The Swamp

Every time he has had time, he has made a bad appointment. His two good appointments (Jol and Harry) were unplanned.

Whilst Levy has certainly done a good job financially, only someone blinded by love for him wouldn't be able to see that he has also been bloody lucky with the way things have turned out....on numerous occasions!

Because this isn't some kind of conspiracy to unsettle us? The media are bigging up by far the most obvious option? If Wenger had previously expressed an interest in the job every other day, been English and didn't have a history of always finishing his contracts then I'm sure more people would be talking about him.

Personally, I think we're all missing a trick. There is only one real option open to us.

AlNm_z0CIAAGMI8.jpg

This.

Always the ones who like to dish it out that do the reporting. Take the advice you gave me mate.

Back on topic.....is is Lennon fit?

Absolutely. Same little dweebs lol.

Anyway hope he is fit we need him down that right side.

I think Benitez was once a very good manager. You don't get his trophy record, with the clubs he's been at, by accident. Tactically, he was superb. However, he has a tendency, even with all that, to make some fudging stupid decisions. Any club that lets him near the transfers are idiots. And it seems that he 'wears out' players after a few years. Seems to have lost it a bit since losing the league title in 08/09.

Don't want him anywhere near the club though thanks. Would probably grind out some amazing results, but with Modric rightback and Kaboul upfront, all the while buying and selling in a very stupid way and grating on all our good players.

- Ferguson obviously (apart from in the CL final v Barca last year when his line up looked wrong from teh start and when they go taken apart)
- Mancini, who has changed his tactics superbly over the last two seasons. Last year he realised that his team didnt have the flair so sent them up defensively and got the right results. Then changed them over the course of the summer when, obviously assisted by money, he brought in more attacking players but again got them to gel into a system immediately with zero transition period
- Brendan Rodgers has got Swansea his season punching well above their weight so you would have to include him. Paul Lambert similarly as well
- I think Wenger is strong in that regard. His teams historically have been set up excellently - his downfall has been his ability to identify a good CB and keeper. He's almost the most opposite manager to Harry there is in that Harry is inspirational and got in teh transfer market which are Wenger's wekanesses
- Moyes I think ranks highly though am not a big fan of his football. I guess the question mark I have on him in this area I havent watched them closely enough to know whether he can vary things in order to counter the bigger teams....though I guess you would also argue that he probably doesnt have the resources to do so

And would you say all of them are tactically superior to Redknapp?

Just because Harry Redknapp is in the privileged position of Tottenham Managers doesn't make him a GHod.
Its okay to point out his failings. He is human. I wouldn't be rude enough to point them out to him personally or chant something at him.
The guy is never gonna read anything on here so I don't see what the problem is.

Whilst Levy has certainly done a good job financially, only someone blinded by love for him wouldn't be able to see that he has also been bloody lucky with the way things have turned out....on numerous occasions!

I think Levy can take alot of the credit for having the balls to try and change things. He tried the DoF, he changed it back.

He has got luck at times, but he still made those choices.

I think Levy can take alot of the credit for having the balls to try and change things. He tried the DoF, he changed it back.

Maybe, but I also think his hand was forced a lot of the time and there was a lot of good fortune that came from luck, not good planning. I bet he never planned for Redknapp to be around this long that's for sure. But by building a stable financial platform he has set the foundations for a successful era. Hopefully he'll make a good appointment for Spurs if Redknapp does go, and not get blinded by trying to bring in a big name Manager who isn't suited to our ethos.

And would you say all of them are tactically superior to Redknapp?

Yes I probably would as I think that Harry's real weakness is re tactics. He's sent out some really bizarre line-ups in his time at Spurs which look wrong to everyone from the start and then has to try to correct them mid-game. That said, those managers which I listed dont have some of Harry's strengths

What was Redknapps contract when he came? 1yr? I cant remember..

I think when he lined up Arneson, Santini and Jol, he had huge vision. To give Jol the reigns wasnt planned, but what I think he's good at, is improvising, and acting for that specific moment if things go tits up.

Remember when we waited 18 months for a manager!!? Since then, we've rolled pretty quickly on these issues...I think if Harry goes (in the summer), we'll have someone in within the week.

imo

It took balls to have the clear out when he sacked Ramos. He was decisive and the change of system was needed. But the mess that he had to clear out was of his making.

What was Redknapps contract when he came? 1yr? I cant remember..

I think when he lined up Arneson, Santini and Jol, he had huge vision. To give Jol the reigns wasnt planned, but what I think he's good at, is improvising, and acting for that specific moment if things go tits up.

Remember when we waited 18 months for a manager!!? Since then, we've rolled pretty quickly on these issues...I think if Harry goes (in the summer), we'll have someone in within the week.

imo

I think you should write IMO after every post just like Arabs roll eyes smiley. Although a few sensitive souls have already moaned about it.

Back