• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I completely agree with that second part however few people on here seem to accept it so have given up arguing it. You'll also be dubbed as a Harry-hater if you dare suggest that he's not a tactical guru

Out of curiousness, who would you label as a tactical guru in the Premiership at the moment?

1) His Spurs teams have bested most in the land, and his teams have tactically outplayed those of Wenger, Ancelotti, Mancini etc at times.
2) He has hardly wheeled and dealed at Spurs, and yet got results.

I can agree that his team have bested the top teams in England. However i would have to state that the gulf in class between Spurs and Manchester United/City is far far far less than the gulf in class between England and Spain/Argentina.

He has hardly wheeled and dealed yes, but that is because Levy has done it for him, the VDV and Ade transfers have been ingenius and have been key to our success, without these two i doubt we would currently be in such a good position.

I can agree that his team have bested the most in England. However i would have to state that the gulf in class between Spurs and Manchester United/City is far far far less than the gulf in class between England and Spain/Argentina.

He has hardly wheeled and dealed yes, but that is because Levy has done it for him, the VDV and Ade transfers have been ingenius and have been key to our success, without these two i doubt we would currently be in such a good position.

Redknapp said himself that at Spurs he didn't feel he needed to bring in a lot of players because there were already quality players here. He said that in the past he has had to sign a lot of players to get teams up a division, or up the table, but that he didn't need to do that at Spurs and didn't want to buy players for the sake of it.

There is a big gulf between England and Spain I agree, and I don't think there is a Manager in the world who could bridge it. You could have Bryan Robson in charge of Spain and Mourinho in charge of England, and Spain would still win when it mattered 7 times out of 10. Their players are, at present, simply that much better than our own.

Can't some teletext users tell all the ogres to fcuk right off and see if they'll report that too?

Imagine is the Scottish position became available tomorrow - would Rooney say SAF was the perfect fit in the middle of their title campaign?

Or Wenger for France?

The difference is that Ferguson has ruled out international management and dampened speculation countless times whereas Harry has done the exact opposite.

And I'm suggesting his record has been improving ever since Santini and has brought stability,continous progress and prosperity to the club.

Won't even go into the Stadium project

Every time he has had time, he has made a bad appointment. His two good appointments (Jol and Harry) were unplanned.

Redknapp said himself that at Spurs he didn't feel he needed to bring in a lot of players because there were already quality players here. He said that in the past he has had to sign a lot of players to get teams up a division, or up the table, but that he didn't need to do that at Spurs and didn't want to buy players for the sake of it.

There is a big gulf between England and Spain I agree, and I don't think there is a Manager in the world who could bridge it. You could have Bryan Robson in charge of Spain and Mourinho in charge of England, and Spain would still win when it mattered 7 times out of 10. Their players are, at present, simply that much better than our own.

Ah, fair enough, Harry may have thought we were good enough but with the teams around us always strengthening signings are required, but that is not really anything to do with this thread any more...

The FA kind of have to accept the Euros as a write off and try to bring new talent through, if done correctly you can be successful and you can blood the youth, Germany demonstrated this in the last world cup, and whilst our youth is good i do not think it holds a candle to the current generation coming through in Germany.

I don't think the media would ever accept a write off in such a big competition, but with the chaos caused by the loss of the manager this would be the perfect time to write one off.

Why not start a Wenger for England campaign?

We must not let the media dictate the process.

If the FA wants the next England manager,
- preferably English but need not definitely be English;
- has to be the best person available/willing to take up the post; and
- to have detailed knowledge of English players, can pick up reins very quickly.

Why not Wenger then? He may not hold an UK passport but he has been managing in England for many years.

Results, trophies, tactical knowledge, myopia to his players' mistakes...he has the lots. At least in the eyes of other fans, he is no worse than Harry.

Wenger's well-documented preference of using non-English players could mean he actually knows the limitations of English players well. And lately he also has first hand experience coaching Wheelchair and the Ox, two of the best emerging English talents as touted by the media.

Terry, Rooney, Gerrard, Ashley Cole etc don't deserve Harry.

And why would Wenger refuses it, this offer will provide him a gracious escape route from the Emirates sh*thole...into another :D

Wenger for England!

Last edited:
Every time he has had time, he has made a bad appointment. His two good appointments (Jol and Harry) were unplanned.

Milo, keep up mate, we're currently bashing each other over something that hasn't even happened! :D

Out of curiousness, who would you label as a tactical guru in the Premiership at the moment?

- Ferguson obviously (apart from in the CL final v Barca last year when his line up looked wrong from teh start and when they go taken apart)
- Mancini, who has changed his tactics superbly over the last two seasons. Last year he realised that his team didnt have the flair so sent them up defensively and got the right results. Then changed them over the course of the summer when, obviously assisted by money, he brought in more attacking players but again got them to gel into a system immediately with zero transition period
- Brendan Rodgers has got Swansea his season punching well above their weight so you would have to include him. Paul Lambert similarly as well
- I think Wenger is strong in that regard. His teams historically have been set up excellently - his downfall has been his ability to identify a good CB and keeper. He's almost the most opposite manager to Harry there is in that Harry is inspirational and got in teh transfer market which are Wenger's wekanesses
- Moyes I think ranks highly though am not a big fan of his football. I guess the question mark I have on him in this area I havent watched them closely enough to know whether he can vary things in order to counter the bigger teams....though I guess you would also argue that he probably doesnt have the resources to do so

Classic comeback. If only I was you I'd probably report you for that. Sorry mods enough from me.

This.

Always the ones who like to dish it out that do the reporting. Take the advice you gave me mate.

Back on topic.....is is Lennon fit?

The media will quite happily go for it when Harry is sacked in 2014 after criticisms of his 'lack of tactics' and his complete faith in 34 year old Joe Cole. Then the media enter their 'we need the best man for the job, regardless of nationality; let's get Mourinho' etc.

In any case, Wenger's doing a perfectly apt job of ruining Arsenal at the moment.

Back